Trying to get Air Canada Travel Voucher from Travelocity

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 8, 2021
Booked 4 flights on Air Canada through Travelocity for April 2020. When Covid forced us to cancel, Air Canada told me that Travelocity would issue an ACTV with no expiration date. Spoke to Travelocity in November 2020 and was told it would be issued. When nothing was forthcoming after 4 months, I finally spoke to another Travelocity agent March 2021 who told me they could not issue my credit as an ACTV, that it would remain a Travelocity credit and would expire in November 2021. The Air Canada folks told me there is nothing they can do on their end, it needs to come from Travelocity. There is just no way we are risking traveling right now.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Since Travelocity is owned by Expedia, your next step should be to escalate this VIA EMAIL using the contacts provided in this link: Expedia
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
politely state only what they "need to know" (without attachments) in order to understand your experience and your request in 3-5 minutes

If you receive any error messages, you can request new contacts using this link: Research Request Form

Simply explain what Air Canada stated to you and that you "would very much appreciate" an ACTV. Travelocity is experiencing delays in issuing them.

Please take the time to update this thread as you progress toward a resolution . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Your feedback is important to the forum volunteers (advocates)

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
When Covid forced us to cancel
You canceled so you are bound with that ever Travelocity's terms and conditions say. What the airline rules say are not important as you are not the airline's customer Travelocity is the airlines customer.
So if Travelocity's terms say you get a credit with then then you are stuck with that.
So what Air Canada tells you is not important .
The Air Canada folks told me there is nothing they can do on their end, it needs to come from Travelocity.
What they are telling you is correct. You need to deal with Travelocity. You can always ask for an extension to your voucher. No harm in asking but not a high chance it will happen unless they are extending all vouchers.
Also what is an ACTV?

Reactions: Skippy and Patina
Mar 8, 2021
You canceled so you are bound with that ever Travelocity's terms and conditions say. What the airline rules say are not important as you are not the airline's customer Travelocity is the airlines customer.
So if Travelocity's terms say you get a credit with then then you are stuck with that.
So what Air Canada tells you is not important .

What they are telling you is correct. You need to deal with Travelocity. You can always ask for an extension to your voucher. No harm in asking but not a high chance it will happen unless they are extending all vouchers.
Also what is an ACTV?
Air Canada Travel Voucher

Mar 1, 2018
When you purchase from Travelocity, you are their customer. You are not Air Canada's customer, or the hotel or the rental car company's customer. If you wanted a Air Canada relationship, you needed to purchase through them. Whatever Expedia (via their Travelocity brand) is willing to do, via patience, polite reasonable requests, persistently made, is all you should hope for. If you bought a hammer at Lowes, and had an issue with it, would you kindly expect Home Depot to make it good, just because they carry that hammer too?

I think people choose not to think about the fact that they're choosing to buy from a third party reseller, when either saving a few pennies or not even truly saving but influenced by advertising, then want the company they wouldn't give their money to to make good for the third party.

Best of luck with Expedia/Travelocity. They're not unreasonable when you eventually reach someone empowered to help.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
When you purchase from Travelocity, you are their customer. You are not Air Canada's customer, or the hotel or the rental car company's customer. If you wanted a Air Canada relationship, you needed to purchase through them. Whatever Expedia (via their Travelocity brand) is willing to do, via patience, polite reasonable requests, persistently made, is all you should hope for. If you bought a hammer at Lowes, and had an issue with it, would you kindly expect Home Depot to make it good, just because they carry that hammer too?

I think people choose not to think about the fact that they're choosing to buy from a third party reseller, when either saving a few pennies or not even truly saving but influenced by advertising, then want the company they wouldn't give their money to to make good for the third party.

Best of luck with Expedia/Travelocity. They're not unreasonable when you eventually reach someone empowered to help.
I've never looked at it the way you expressed it in your middle paragraph. I think you are absolutely right. The online booking services call themselves "travel agents" or whatever the term is these days. Traditionally, a TA is an agent who gives you advice and arranges travel for you. A good TA will also be there for you if there are problems. These booking services just take your order. But an inexperienced traveller has no way of knowing the difference. Travellers learn this the hard way. I've often said that real TAs should launch a national campaign to educate the public ... the money they invest will be returned many times over.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you cancel the flight or did AirCanada cancel the flight? Did you buy Travelocity’s insurance?

I can’t find anything in Travelocity’s terms about refunding to a credit with them.