TripAdvisor allowed scammer to post apartment rental

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
From your description of what occurred this shouldn’t have even gotten to this point. You should have been made whole by Tripadvisor in the first place IMO.

That is what we are here for - when a company really did do a consumer wrong and our advocates do a fantastic job.

Remember that when it’s fund raising time! Without help from everyone this site wouldn’t be able to do what they do.

Apr 2, 2019
Yes, I have already forwarded TripAdvisor answer to Dwayne and asked him to send a link to me to donate part of refund to the organization.

Thanks all supports from the forum. It did give me a lot of comfort to my situation.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
TRventure, I am so happy to read your news. Congratulations and it's wonderful that you'll donate some of the refund to our cause. Thank you!

Apr 2, 2019
The world full of scammers. Everyday, there is new story about scammer or horrible service, or experience about vacation rental. Hope governments will place regulations to this area and do better oversight of online travel agencies since more people to use online agencies to plan their traveling.
Meantime, I think I will go back to use my travel agency with real honorable agent to book my vacation rental. The price will be higher. However, the service will be a lot better.
Anyway, Jsn55, thanks for your support in the past few days.