TripAdviser

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 6, 2019
I sent in a review for a restaurant in my local area on to TripAdviser.
I am a regular contributor to TripAdviser.
Instead of putting my review up, I got a message from them saying:-
“Thank you for contacting TripAviser,
We love that you want to share your experience with the rest of our community!
Unfortunately, the property that you reviewed does not meet our listing guidelines.
Therefore we are unable to publish your review. You can read more about more information about our listing requirements HERE.
We certainly want travelers to know what you have to say and we encourage you to share your experiences in OUR FORUMS.
Thank you for your understanding! Please reach out to our customer support team if you have any additional questions.
Kind regards
Jayson T”

I have gone round and round in circles trying to make contact at TripAdviser, but end up with automated computer generated replies.
I don’t know what to do to get an answer from them as to what is wrong with my review.

Mar 6, 2019
Thanks Niel,
I have emailed them at that address and have not received a reply.
I have also tried calling that number but it will not go through.
Regards
Jonathan

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Neil,
Yes but no replies yet.
3 different contacts, but tha was two days ago, one of them may reply.
But I am not holding my breath.

Cheers
Jonathan

Jan 6, 2015
Two things:
  1. They appear to be saying that there is an issue with the property listing itself. Was it actually shown on TA, or did you submit your review another way? However this happened it's not an issue with your review it seems.
  2. It is problematic when you email every contact simultaneously. You should contact the "lowest level" first and give it one week before moving on. Executives are busy with our matters and need time to process your comments before responding.
I had this happen once when I wanted to review a business. They were not listed, so I needed to ask TA to create the listing. See the first response in this TA forum item.

Feb 3, 2017
This isn't about your review from what I can glean from what you wrote; more, it is about the property itself.

VoR61 has indicated what you may need to do - or, there may be some unknown reason Tripadvisor doesn't wish to have a listing for the restaurant.

When you submitted your review, was there a page for the restaurant already or would you have been the first person to review it?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Two things:
  1. They appear to be saying that there is an issue with the property listing itself. Was it actually shown on TA, or did you submit your review another way? However this happened it's not an issue with your review it seems.
  2. It is problematic when you email every contact simultaneously. You should contact the "lowest level" first and give it one week before moving on. Executives are busy with our matters and need time to process your comments before responding.
I had this happen once when I wanted to review a business. They were not listed, so I needed to ask TA to create the listing. See the first response in this TA forum item.
To our OP- have you used the Trip Advisor forums to get an answer?

Mar 6, 2019
Hi guys,
My review was for a restaurant that has just changed hands, my review was positive as I think that the new owner does great food and deserves to do well..mine was the first review for this restaurant.

Here is what I got bach from TripAdvier last night.

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting TripAdvisor.

We regret to inform you that we have had to remove your review from TripAdvisor as the business 'La Cantina' unfortunately does not meet our listing criteria.

If you would like to submit another review, you may do so by clicking HERE.

We look forward to seeing more of your reviews in the future! Please reach out to our customer support team if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Faizal N.
TripAdvisor Support Team

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 3/6/2019 6:41 PM
To: help@tripadvisorsupport.com; bmessing@tripadvisor.com; skaufer@tripadvisor.com
Subject: La Cantina

Hi There at TripAdvisor,

I wrote a review for a local restaurant “La Cantina” at Manly Village, Whangaparaoa, near Auckland New Zealand.
I have written many reviews and not had this problem before.
I would like to know what it was in my review that “the property that you reviewed does not meet our listing guidelines.”

Could you please tell me what I have done wrong?

Kind regards.

Jonathan Rigg

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting TripAdvisor.

We love that you want to share your experience with the rest of our community! Unfortunately, the property that you reviewed does not meet our listing guidelines. Therefore, we are unable to publish your review. You can read more information about our listing requirements HERE.

We certainly want travelers to know what you have to say and we encourage you to share your experience in our forums.

Thank you for your understanding! Please reach out to our customer support team if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Jayson T.
TripAdvisor Support Team​

All I can get back from them is these automated replies

ref:_00DA0I0Rf._5001Y1CO93M:ref