Trip Itineraries showing up on Google Calendar

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 22, 2018
Good morning Chris,

In the past week, I have had two itineraries show up on my calendar. One an Iberian Airlines booking from Madrid to Bogata, September 27 and most recently an Emirates booking from Dubai to Sao Paolo dated October 14. The Emirates flight has an unknown name attached and a confirmation #. The Iberian flight has a confirmation # and my name attached.

Two weeks ago I was looking at flights from Baltimore to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro) in planning a family trip to Africa next summer. I never logged in to any particular airline but I did use Kayak.

Have I been hacked and am I in danger of being hacked? No charges to any of my accounts.
Are you familiar with similar instances.

Sep 19, 2015
Good morning Chris,

In the past week, I have had two itineraries show up on my calendar. One an Iberian Airlines booking from Madrid to Bogata, September 27 and most recently an Emirates booking from Dubai to Sao Paolo dated October 14. The Emirates flight has an unknown name attached and a confirmation #. The Iberian flight has a confirmation # and my name attached.

Two weeks ago I was looking at flights from Baltimore to Tanzania (Kilimanjaro) in planning a family trip to Africa next summer. I never logged in to any particular airline but I did use Kayak.

Have I been hacked and am I in danger of being hacked? No charges to any of my accounts.
Are you familiar with similar instances.
Is your name a common one? Asking about the Iberian flight.

Have you ever shared your calendar with anyone? Do you have numerous names in contacts and g+.

You should go to the google forum. Have you checked your history for any suspicious log ins?

Sep 19, 2015
Also do not click on any links in the calendar in case these flight notifications are spam. Check your calendar settings to see how things are added.

Yes people do spam and hack google calendars.

I would almost be tempted to write down the Iberia confirmation and double check it on the Iberia website — see if it exists or this is spam

Mar 14, 2018
Google calendar automatically populates itineraries by looking at confirmation emails received in your gmail account. It's possible that someone with the same name as you as you booked travel and mistakenly provided your email address instead of their own. If you haven't been charged for anything, it's unlikely you've been hacked.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Ah, this is great. Google "automatically" does these things for us, what a good idea. Or is it? What do you do when something like this happens? I think it's a good idea to fill in your own calendar with your own information ... most people have better things to do than try to remove erroneous information that a faceless entity has added to their personal calendar.

Mar 14, 2018
Ah, this is great. Google "automatically" does these things for us, what a good idea. Or is it? What do you do when something like this happens? I think it's a good idea to fill in your own calendar with your own information ... most people have better things to do than try to remove erroneous information that a faceless entity has added to their personal calendar.
I and many other people find it very helpful. If you don't, you can turn it off.

It's not unreasonable for Google to assume that travel confirmations you receive are actually for you.

Jul 27, 2018
For an upcoming trip, I have been marking places of interest on a personal Google map. Without any action by me, my hotel with the dates of the reservation amd a confirmed restaurant reservation are both also on the map, as well as a hotel reservation that was made and cancelled. I think Google is trying to be ultra helpful. I figure I'm OK unless I share my map or make it public.

It would be nice if I could find a way ro remove these personal things from the map after my trip.

Mar 14, 2018
I'm pretty sure Google Maps only shows upcoming events, so they should automatically drop off the map.

If you use gmail/gcal/search/android phones/YouTube/..., Google gathers a staggering amount of information about you. They use this to present useful data to you and, of course, to sell ads. You can turn off most of this tracking and sharing between apps by going to Google's Activity Controls page.