Trip insurance being withheld

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil, Since Viking did not transfer our policy to the rebooked trip and did not sell us any additional insurance, we would like to see if Viking would apply some
credit to our current trip which is the exact same trip as the one that was cancelled. Is that anything where you can be of help to us?
Here is how I would suggest you approach this. Did any of the documents you received after you booked say the insurance is non refundable?

I don’t see anything on the website that says that. But I don’t know what your confirmation said. If there is nothing that says that, I would push that with the Executives. Ask them to show you where it says on the website that insurance was nonrefundable. You might want to tell them you wouldn’t have bought the insurance if you knew this.

Viking Travel Protection Plan

Help to protect your travel investment, your belongings and most importantly you for those unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip. The Viking Cruises Travel Protection Plan is a Plan made up of different components. The Plan includes a Cancellation Waiver, provided by Viking Cruises, Travel Insurance Benefits and Non-Insurance Services. Plan benefits, limits and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To review full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpA425V.

Jan 30, 2018
Tanya, I would sure like to know which company allows you to cancel beyond a 10-14 day recission period. Global Alert used to have such a policy, but no more.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Neil, Since Viking did not transfer our policy to the rebooked trip and did not sell us any additional insurance, we would like to see if Viking would apply some
credit to our current trip which is the exact same trip as the one that was cancelled. Is that anything where you can be of help to us?
What kind of credit are you referring to? A good will credit from Viking against the cost of a new cruise?