Trip booked on Sandals, non-refundable deposit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 5, 2018
I was sent an email from Sandals (which I thought was Sandals) to reserve a new trip. I clicked on the link took me to the Sandals page and I proceeded to book a trip (while talking with an online associate). On Sandals page it stated $49/pp deposit and refundable until 40 days prior to the trip. I booked the trip and then saw the $200 deposit and when I asked the associate about it she said to contact Sandals and have it reduced. No way on my confirmation or during the booking did it say non-refundable. I went to cancel the trip 3 days later because of cost and that is when I was informed it was non-refundable. I even have the transcript of our conversation. I found out I actually booked with Loyalty Travel, not Sandals. Very misleading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Your issue is not with Sandals, it’s with the travel agency you booked through. They are the ones that lied or didn’t disclose fees. You need to go after them. I would never have made the extra deposit after talking to the agent. The agency owes you the money if they sent you a contract that did not say the extra deposit was nonrefundable.

Why charged your credit card- Sandals or the agency? If it was Sandals and you do a credit card dispute you risk them blacklisting you. The problem is the agency from what you are saying.

It would be helpful to see the contract from the agency.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I tried to check Loyalty Travel Ageny out. The website shown in their Facebook page (which hadn’t been updated since 2012) shows a non existant website.

https://m.facebook.com/Loyalty-Travel-Agency-533124983368838/

I am tending to agree with Just A Guy. Does their invoice show an actual website?

Can you post the link to the email you received to book the trip?