triciab

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 19, 2019
I understand you have a job to do, but I have a few problems.

On 3-23-19 we received a rental car from another insurance carrier due to an automotive accident. Since the accident was caused by the other driver, their insurance company wanted us to use Hertz.
We insisted upon Enterprise because of previous positive experiences with Enterprise and because my company Verizon has a contract pricing with Enterprise.
The very next day (3/24/19) we called our local office and spoke with Matt. We expressed our dissatisfaction with the car because of the condition of the vehicle. In the past, we always received a clean well kept vehicle. The Nissan that we received appeared to have been neglected and abused. We were told by Matt that there was nothing available in the price range allowed by the insurance company. He said to call back later in the week to see if anything would become available.
Since we work local, we just tolerated this car since we would only need the car for a week. Not only was the appearance of the car unsatisfactory it also did not drive correctly: sensors not working properly and overall unpleasant.
Caliber Collision completed the repairs to our vehicle on Friday March 29. We picked up our vehicle at Caliber Collision and left the rental car there because it is an authorized drop off location.
On Monday April 1st, Matt contacted us about damage to just the roof of the vehicle. We explained that the car was returned in the same condition that we received it.
On April2nd, we received an email stating the Enterprise would need 2 weeks to investigate the incident. On April 3rd, we received a second email asking us to fill out an incident report, which we did.
The next contact we received was from you on April 17th, a voicemail message and email asking us to contact you. We spoke on April 18th.
You informed us that the car washer noticed the damage to the vehicle. You also told us that the damage was to the roof, hood, and trunk of the vehicle, which was new to us. Matt told us there was just damage to the roof only.
You also stated that the car was repaired and was approximately $1100.00.
It appears that Enterprise did not conduct an investigation, just repaired the vehicle and wants us to pay for it. We have many issues with this.

First, we did not damage this vehicle, we returned it in the same condition we received it in. The damage grew from just the roof to the roof, the hood, and the trunk.

The car was dropped off on Friday the 29th, but we weren't notified of the damage until the 1st of April, 3 days later. Matt convently back dated the damage claim to the 29th of March. The car was picked up and returned by an employee who didn't notice any damage. The car also sat for 3 days before the car washer noticed damage to the vehicle.
The person who checked the vehicle back in to Enterprise didn't note any damage and our deposit was credited back to our credit card on Friday March29th.
It is our contention that once our deposit was returned, it releases us from any further liability. We have no intention of paying for damages we didn't cause.
Possibly the damage was caused during the 3 days after we returned it.
If we caused damage to your vehicle we would have brought it to your attention when we returned your vehicle. Maybe this attention should have been brought to the vehicle prior to renting it out because we didn't want it from the beginning.
We never received a copy of our rental agreement, any photos or estimates of the damage or even a damage report. I do not think that Matt has given you all the information regarding this matter. This letter will be forwarded to Enterprise Corporate, the Better Business Bureau, and to an advocacy group as well.

Apr 19, 2019
Yes. This is the original I sent to the Enterprise Risk Manager that has been handling everything. He has since said he will send me pics of the damage and the estimate, but he also told me they went ahead and repaired it. How can this be an "investigation" if they already deemed me guilty without due process? I don't believe this is fair.
I know you hear a million people claim that they didn't do damage to a rental car and some of them lie.
I am not a liar.

Apr 19, 2019
In the end sentence, I did state it was being sent to an advocacy group. I didn't want to tell them your name. I only sent it to you.
I have heard nothing at all from BBB or their corporate offices.

Apr 19, 2019
Start writing to the executives- it’s time to go above the risk manager.
I received a call yesterday from the Risk Manager.
They have deceided not to pursue me for the damages due to a "miscommunication" between the person who reported it and myself.
I will wait for the confirmation letter from Enterprise.
Thank you for listening to me.

Apr 19, 2019
I just wanted to say again Thank you for the opportunity to air this dispute.
As a person, you feel so helpless. You feel as if you are being called a liar and now you have to fight for your honor.
I can't understand how companies can do this to patrons. There should be some kind of warning or way that they have to go about it.
I always thought if they give you your deposit back, that releases liability. Alas, it does not. Why should they be allowed to do that, then turn around and say you owe for damages. I would think they would keep your deposit and go from there.

I have been sick to my stomach and nothing but insomnia since this started. As a customer, I felt that I was on trial and convicted before I even got to plead my case. What a terrible feeling.

I am sure there are people out there that do these kinds of things, but I as I said before am not one of them.

Thank you for listening to my story.
Tricia

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you on LI? I know of a Caliber Collision on LI.

We became aware of these claims a few years back here and developed the thread telling you how to fight it after much trial and error. If you follow that thread it almost always results in the claim being dropped. I’m glad you found us- who knows how many people don’t know they can fight these.

It’s sad that we have to take picture at pick up and drop off to be prepared in case this happens.

This might help in the future:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-protect-yourself-when-renting-a-car.1314/