Travelocity Trouble

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 23, 2019
We bought 2 round-trip tickets to Portugal from Travelocity. The next day, they were mysteriously canceled. We called Travelocity and they said there had been a glitch and the cancellation was a mistake. They offered to rebook, and we did. Then we saw on our credit card statement that we had been charged for four round-trip tickets. After several months of back-and-forth with Travelocity, during which they tried to push the problem off onto the airline (which couldn't help because multiple airlines are involved) we finally got our refund. But on the new tickets, Travelocity misspelled one of our names. We have again called with no results. We found contact info on your site for Liz Gorton, Expedia's Director of Customer Experience, and wrote her about our problem. That was over a week ago, and there's been no response. The spelling correction is minor, and our trip is in October, but at this rate we do not trust that the 72-hour window before the flight for name changes will be successful, and we fear we will not be allowed to board the plane. Can you help us?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Were the original tickets spelled properly? Who rebooked them with the misspelling? How big of a misspelling is it - off by one letter or a bigger error than that? You have 24 hours to correct a misspelled ticket at no charge.

Apr 23, 2019
Thanks, Neil. The original tickets were spelled properly. The Travelocity agent who re-booked the tickets made the spelling error. I have an email from Travelocity acknowledging that this is their error. My middle initial is omitted. My wife's hyphenated last name is rendered as partly her first name and partly her last name, i.e., instead of "Mary Smith-Jones" it's "Marysmith Jones".

Sep 19, 2015
Thanks, Neil. The original tickets were spelled properly. The Travelocity agent who re-booked the tickets made the spelling error. I have an email from Travelocity acknowledging that this is their error. My middle initial is omitted. My wife's hyphenated last name is rendered as partly her first name and partly her last name, i.e., instead of "Mary Smith-Jones" it's "Marysmith Jones".
I do not think that this mistake will be a problem. It sounds like the hyphen was left out.

Mary Jane Smith often ends up as MaryJane Smith -- But I do not think the lack of a space will make a large difference.

Apr 23, 2019
@gkaufman if you have an email from Travelocity stating this is their mistake I would send that to them and tell them to fix their mistake and eat the cost to fix it.
Thanks for the suggestion, Carrie, but we have requested that and had no success. Travelocity tells us that we either have to risk the 72-hour-prior name change process with Air Canada or cancel and re-book the tickets again, and pay double now what we paid when we made the original booking.

Apr 23, 2019
I do not think that this mistake will be a problem. It sounds like the hyphen was left out.

Mary Jane Smith often ends up as MaryJane Smith -- But I do not think the lack of a space will make a large difference.
Thanks, Christina, but we have read many stories where this did indeed cause a problem, so we're not comfortable leaving it alone.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use our contacts and go to the Executives one at a time. Don’t stop at Customer Service, go to the Executives.

I also don’t think you will have a problem. Mary’s name will be fine (some airlines cant hyphenate a last name and some don’t have room for an entire long last name). And you shouldn’t have a problem with the missing initial. That’s all you have on the passport? No full middle name?

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@VoR61 can you do some of your Google fu and find some additional contacts for Travelocity? It appears all we have is a generic email address that hasn't been particularly helpful. Of course, that may be all there is. But for them to have made the mistake and then to not pay to get it fixed is ridiculous.

Email Contacts
info@travelocitycustomercare.com
executive.offices@travelocity.com

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Use our contacts and go to the Executives one at a time. Don’t stop at Customer Service, go to the Executives.

I also don’t think you will have a problem. Mary’s name will be fine (some airlines cant hyphenate a last name and some don’t have room for an entire long last name). And you shouldn’t have a problem with the missing initial. That’s all you have on the passport? No full middle name?
Neil, we don't have that many contacts for Travelocity (see post #9). And since the booking was made through them don't they have to fix it?

Jan 6, 2015
@VoR61 can you do some of your Google fu and find some additional contacts for Travelocity? It appears all we have is a generic email address that hasn't been particularly helpful. Of course, that may be all there is. But for them to have made the mistake and then to not pay to get it fixed is ridiculous.

Email Contacts
info@travelocitycustomercare.com
executive.offices@travelocity.com
I spent the last hour trying to no avail. Will continue looking . . .

Sep 19, 2015
Thanks, Christina, but we have read many stories where this did indeed cause a problem, so we're not comfortable leaving it alone.
My name often gets cut off -- as I have hyphenated first names -- I have lost the a, na, even ina on Christina.

However if you are worried, as this was not user -error but travelocity error they should fix this.