Travelocity cancelled flights without authorization!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 4, 2018
In October of 2017, I purchased 4 return airline tickets through Travelocity to Paris from Vancouver Canada for me and me my 3 teenaged children.
Change of plans and I had to change the outbound flight dates on 3 of the 4 tickets.

I called Travelocity this past weekend to change the outbound flight of 3 of those 4 tickets to a week earlier.
I agreed to and did pay the change fee associated with this even though I had travel insurance (which is only good for illness or death)
After being on the phone with three different agents for over 2 hours, (call center is in Phillipines) the change was finally made. When I received the confirmation email the following day it stated that the 3 changed tickets no longer had the return flight. The return flights from Paris had all been cancelled without my knowledge. Now Travelocity is telling me that it was not an agent error and that I authorized it. This is not true at all. At no point did I instruct anybody to cancel the return flights to the US from Paris. I only instructed them to change the outbound. Now my kids have no flight home unless I fork over another $2200!!
I would like to subpoena the phone call recording transcripts as well as have Travelocity reissue the 3 airline tickets that I originally purchased.

Is this worth hiring an attorney?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Not yet. You need to use our company contacts and start writing to Travelocity.

I am a little confused as to what happened though. You say you bought return tickets which means one way. Did you buy round trip or one way and which did you want to change?

We have company contacts on top of our page. Read the information about how to write and then start your writing campaign. Start at Customer Service, if the can’t fix it then write to the first executive- repeat weekly. But please be very clear on what you bought.

Mar 14, 2018
A
Not yet. You need to use our company contacts and start writing to Travelocity.

I am a little confused as to what happened though. You say you bought return tickets which means one way. Did you buy round trip or one way and which did you want to change?

We have company contacts on top of our page. Read the information about how to write and then start your writing campaign. Start at Customer Service, if the can’t fix it then write to the first executive- repeat weekly. But please be very clear on what you bought.

A "return ticket" is a round-trip ticket in British English.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
A

A "return ticket" is a round-trip ticket in British English.
Thank you - I never heard that term before.

She still needs to contact Travelocity using our contacts - Travelocities story makes no sense anyway - how was she supposed to get home? I actually would have called back and tried to get a supervisor on the phone to reinstate the returns.