TravelLG uses Expedia

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 9, 2021
We are a member of TravelLG travel club and booked a 2 bedroom suite for 6 people at all inclusive Royalton Hotel in Cancun before the new CDC rules about a negative Covid test before returning to USA. The trip was a family vacation with my son’s family. Recently our granddaughter test positive for Covid and my son and daughter-in-law became concerned about catching it and decided they can’t risk not being able to get back in the US to work. We called TravelLG 2/2/21 and asked them to arrange to refund, reschedule OR upgrade a room for my husband and I IF A REUND OR RESCHEDULE WAS NOT POSSIBLE. They said they called and no change was possible. The reservation was not refundable. We then called the hotel directly after seeing on Royalton’s website that they were willing to change a reservation if give 48 hour notice. It was at that time Royalton notified us that we needEd to speak to our travel agent Expedia. TravelLG was who we book through and we had no idea Expedia was the middleman. When we printed the reservation to see if Expedia was mentioned, we then found out we only had 2 All Inclusive paid and no mention of Expedia We booked a 2 bedroom suite for 6 people. We are still trying to work with TravelLG to get a refund as Royalton stated. Our reservation starts 2/13/21. I’m very disappointed with TravelLG. I can book with Expedia myself or even book directly with a hotel. I joined a travel club to make my life easier. I did not expect them to book through a 3rd party vendor that doesn’t seem willing to work with us.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you have travel insurance? That’s what covers a case like this where you have to cancel due to Covid exposure.

Do you have a link to this company so we can review their terms and conditions?

If this company is a travel agency, you may have a case against the travel agency for not disclosing the name of the supplier. They can be sued for that. They are required to tell you the name of the supplier they use as well as the cancellation policy.

Tell them they are required to provide that information before you maje a deposit. If they refuse to help- you can try suing in small claims court. Or they can simply reschedule you or refund.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Beyond what is stated in post number 2, If you are canceling of your own free will you might not be due any refunds on a non refundable booking. As we now know about Covid and the pandemic using Covid or Covid fears as a reason to cancel may no longer entitle you to either a refund or a future travel credit. Sometimes non refundable is just that no refunds for any reason.

Reactions: Skippy and VoR61
Feb 9, 2021
It’s not fear, it’s Covid. She tested positive. We have a letter from her pediatrician. Families are quarantined due to spread. Since The hotel states they’re willing to work with reservations due to Covid given 48 hours, our travel club should be able to work something out. We notified our travel agent a week before our scheduled arrival. It’s our understanding it’s because Expedia is involved and we had no idea they were involve. Unfortunately, we have to cancel our family vacation, that’s our biggest issue. However we’re concerned about the fact that we purchased a 2 bedroom suite for 6 at an ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL but only 2 people are all inclusive. ? We discussed with our travel agent that we needed the 2 room suite for our family and no mention was made about the fact we were only paying for 2 all inclusive. We wouldn’t think that was possible. We didn’t book a 2 bedroom suite for 2 or a double room but were bringing 6 people. People need to know they could have a large additional charge for the rest of their family when they get to the resort. We’ll continue to hope TravelLG can work this out but we’ll explore small claims court if not.

Feb 9, 2021
The very good news is that a TravelLG agent spoke to my husband this afternoon and told him we would be getting a refund. We later got an email confirming. There was no indication which organization finally agreed to refund our money but we’re very happy TravelLG helped make it happen. Our travel insurance was through TravelLG and we’re getting the insurance fee back too. Next time we’ll look a lot closer and ask more questions. Thanks for the info about disclosure of the supplier.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Since The hotel states they’re willing to work with reservations due to Covid given 48 hours
This would only really be relevant if you booked direct with the hotel. As you did not you are not the hotels customer , you are your travel clubs and they are Expedia's customer . It does not matter the hotel will refund, give a credit or reschedule. The only thing that matters is what it says in your travel club and Expedia's terms and conditions as you bought through them. Unless the hotel's name is on your credit card bill as the person that charged you.
But saying this, in the past ( for me any way) Expedia ( I have no idea what the terms and conditions for your travel club say, it might say no refunds) was able to cancel hotels ( based on the terms listed by the hotel on the Expedia listing). What did the hotel listing say about cancellations.? Was this by chance an Unpublished Rate? If so most of the times they can not be canceled for any reason.
Remember you having Covid is not a reason for a hotel to refund you. Any more then a broken leg, getting a new job or having the flu.
We discussed with our travel agent that we needed the 2 room suite for our family and no mention was made about the fact we were only paying for 2 all inclusive
I have done this my self as well. It was quite easy when we arrived at the resort we had to pay the daily all inclusive rate per day for all the additional persons. It was not a surprise though as we asked before booking what the resort would be charging ( I called the resort). So when we arrived we knew the total we would be paying including the taxes that were not included in the Expedia booking.
If it turns out their terms and condition says that you can not get a refund then it will not matter what the hotel says , you will not get anything back. As stated above this is the exact reason you buy travel insurance. You should definitely call your travel insurance and start a claim. You might get your money back that way.
Also, since 2 of you can go not sure if insurance would cover this as the booking is for 2 people and 2 people can go. But still well worth making a claim.