Travelgenio.com listed wrong flight times and is trying to charge me to change flight

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 29, 2019
I am an experienced traveler and am very careful about my bookings. I used kayak to find a R/T flight from Athens to Santorini (ATH-JTR) for Wednesday, October 9th - Saturday October 12th. The best times that worked for us were an outbound flight at 11:10am on Volotea V74080 and return on Sky Express 347 at 2:15pm. Kayak's website sent us to travelgenio.com for booking. I did some due diligence on travelgenio, including the fact that Kayak calls them an "excellent booking site" and gives it a "two trophy" rating of excellent customer service and good deals.

I went through each booking page carefully and booked the flights for me and my husband. I received my booking email, which shows my outbound flight on Volotea V74080 at 11:10am. Then I received my e-ticket confirmation email, which said that Volotea V74080 departed at 9:05am. I went to Volotea's page, which shows it is scheduled for 9:05am. I went back to travelgenio.com's page to recreate the booking, which still showed the flight at 11:10am. I took a screenshot of this. (Return flight is correct.)

I tried calling the number listed for travelgenio.com but it wouldn't go through at all. I also submitted an inquiry through the website. I carefully laid out that travelgenio.com had listed an incorrect time for the flight, and that I would not have booked that flight if I had known it was at 9am so that I needed to change or cancel that leg of the flight. I received a response saying it was 100 Euro per person to change a flight, which I think is a general response that doesn't take into account that it was travelgenio.com's error. The flight is coming up very soon and I'm looking for help resolving this. I appreciate anything you can do to assist.

Attachments

Jan 6, 2015
I have located what appears to be the email address for their CEO: [email protected]

If that fails, unless you cannot fly at 9:05 AM, I would consider this a one-off and let it go. Generally here, it is strongly advised not to use third-party sites for booking. As you have seen in this case, when problems surface, your savings might not be worth the risk . . .

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
There is something going on here behind the scenes with the airline, as it appears they made a recent change to their schedule updating flight V7 4080 Wed/Sat service to depart at 11:10 starting on Oct 9th. But their website along with travelgenio, now shows it back to the previous 09:05. I don't see they made a schedule change back to that time, so you may want to call the airline directly to see what is going on.

Capture.PNG

Sep 19, 2015
As Dwayne has pointed out, this may be the airline changing times and may not be on travelgenio -- or travelgenio may not have updated their website immediately-- travelgenio now has the 9:05 am departure listed on their site.

And now a question --

If you are an experienced traveler why on earth did you book through travelgenio rather than the airlines themselves?

Due diligence is more than looking at what Kayak says -- (Kayak has Justfly listed as an example........)

If you had looked at the Travelgenio site there is information that they charge service fees in addition to any airline fees:

Wherever the airline and the selected tariff allow for modifications, cancellations, refunds or voluntary reissue by request of the user, TRAVELGENIO will charge an additional administrative fee to be added to the fees established by the corresponding airline.

•50€ (or the equivalent in your local currency) per passenger for changes or cancellations.

In any such case it is the sole responsibility of the user to request any modifications, cancellations, refunds or voluntary reissue by contacting TRAVELGENIO directly, during its opening hours. They will then be informed about the possibility of granting their request and about any possible fees or administrative steps.

http://us.travelgenio.com/pages/travelgenio-terms-and-conditions

There are pages of complaints about this OTA on tripadvisor.

This is a low cost airline and an OTA which may not have live access to an airlines information-- which is a recipe for confusion.

Is there no way to take the earlier flight at 9 am?

Sep 29, 2019
There is something going on here behind the scenes with the airline, as it appears they made a recent change to their schedule updating flight V7 4080 Wed/Sat service to depart at 11:10 starting on Oct 9th. But their website along with travelgenio, now shows it back to the previous 09:05. I don't see they made a schedule change back to that time, so you may want to call the airline directly to see what is going on.

View attachment 2987
Thank you Dwayne! Where were you able to pull this from?

Jul 15, 2018
Hi kimmo20, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

Oct 4, 2019
Wizz Air done this twice already. We were waiting at the airport gate for 5 hours. The plane didn't even depart its originating terminal before releasing the passengers to the gate. This was terrible service.... I would always advise the passengers to seek Late Flight Compensation. Im sure this is available in many flight providers.

Craig,

Edited by a moderator to remove bad links.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi kimmo20, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards
I'm glad you're responding to our OP. Since time is of the essence, could you please contact him/her directly? I hope that s/he will be able to solve this issue and let us know what happened. Thanks for posting.