Travelers' Choice: World's top 25 hotels

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2013
TripAdvisor asked their users to rank the top 25 hotels in the world. Here are the results.

1. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
2. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3. Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest, Hungary
5. Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco, Peru
6. Cocoa Island by COMO, Maldives
7. Hotel Alpin Spa Tuxerhof, Tux, Austria
8. Al Maha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9. St. Hubertus Hotel, Gramado, Brazil
10. Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru
11. Hotel Belvedere, Riccione, Italy
12. Four Seasons Country Club, Quinta do Lago, Portugal
13. Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
14. Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, China
15. Constance Moofushi, Maldives
16. The Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy
17. Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius
18. Harvey's Point, Donegal Town, Ireland
19. The Upper House, Hong Kong
20. Haymarket Hotel, London
21. Casa Gangotena, Quito, Ecuador
22. The Langham, Chicago
23. The Oberoi, Mauritius
24. Kayakapi Premium Caves, Cappadocia, Turkey
25. The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have read these lists in the glossy travel magazines for years, Steve. What exactly do these lists mean? I like to peruse them to see if I have stayed in any of these hotels, but other than that ... what's the point?

Jul 10, 2013
I have read these lists in the glossy travel magazines for years, Steve. What exactly do these lists mean? I like to peruse them to see if I have stayed in any of these hotels, but other than that ... what's the point?
Judy, it's just basically places that other travelers think are the best hotels. You can use them as a guide to where you can go on your next vacation.

Of course, I would read the reviews on the hotels first.