Travel Medical Insurance (International Trips)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 15, 2019
Hello all, I travel 4 times per year intentional, mostly to Europe or Japan. I don't engage in any risky activities, just sigh-seeing, museums, good restaurants and back to hotel by 10 pm. I had a kidney stone surgery 5 years ago in Denver (my home city), and I am worry if the kidney stone comes back while I am overseas. I have good medical insurance from Anthem in Colorado, but when treatment is required out of state or overseas, it is so complicated to get reimbursed. The medical invoices/bills have to translated to English before my health insurance company reviews. I ran to this issue, when I got sick in Lisbon a few years back, and it took a very long time to get my health insurance company to reimburse for what I paid directly to the hospital in Lisbon (less than $500.00). Do you have any suggestion which company provides good medical insurance overseas as primary insurance? .Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We can’t make recommendations about particular companies.

There are many that do. Go to the website insuremytrip dot com- they have a listing of just about every travel insurance company and you can compare companies. .

You might find an annual policy that would benefit you.