Travel Insurance Recommendation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 23, 2018
My husband and I, both seniors, are looking to buy travel insurance for the first time to cover a 3 week trip to Italy next spring. The total trip cost includes airfare and two back-to-back organized tours. In case we have to make a claim, we are looking for recommendations for travel insurance companies that have been fair and prompt in paying claims.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you booked your flights and tours yet? It is essential that you obtain insurance that covers pre-existing conditions; that needs to be purchased a relatively short time (1-3 weeks) after you first book your flights and tours.
https://www.insuremytrip.com/travel-insurance-providers/
We cannot make recommendations on particular companies here.

Use insuremytrip or ask your travel agent for recommendations.

Sep 19, 2015
My husband and I, both seniors, are looking to buy travel insurance for the first time to cover a 3 week trip to Italy next spring. The total trip cost includes airfare and two back-to-back organized tours. In case we have to make a claim, we are looking for recommendations for travel insurance companies that have been fair and prompt in paying claims.
Check various sites and do read the policies; it is somewhat tedious but you have to look at the fine print as to when the policy kicks in, -- such as after X minutes delay. Look at insuremytrip and squaremouth as a starting point for looking at policies.

And remember to get documentation on any and every payment in case of needing to make a claim, receipts and such. It is great that you are thinking about this.

Apr 3, 2018
Yes, I agree with you, Neil. Finding the proper company who can help a person in guiding and explaining all the things related to Medicare coverage can help in choosing the better plan.