Travel Insurance offered by Credit Cards through VISA

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2018
Has anyone had experience w a claim through Card Benefit Services offered through VISA? Looking for a contact name/email address to cut through the red tape.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
We really need to know the card Brand because different Visa cards have potentially different policies. Please be specific.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
You filed a claim in writing and how long has this been going on? The Insurance Commissioner for the State you live in is someone you can file a complaint with.
What exactly are they asking for.... we get complaints like this often and the problem is usually easy to fix.
Is this a Medical Claim or something else?

Jan 6, 2018
The claim was filed in early November ....denied end of November. I have asked for explanation of denial and only response was it was not a Covered Hazard.....and that is what I am trying ascertain....was is and what isn’t a Covered Hazard....

The claim was for a trip interruption....

Jan 6, 2018
By flight was cancelled...forced to stay an extra day and also was forced to re book an ongoing flight once back in US at a rebooking fee. Live in Minnesota

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
we need to know if the claim was denied and the “Exact” wording used IN WRITING in the Denial letter. The devil is in the details!

Also need Date, Airline & Flt # and what reason did the airline give for the cancellation and did they provide that reason in writing? Was the entire cancelled Flt and rebooked flight paid for with the US Bank Visa.
We are trying to gather all the details in order to answer and assist in your case. Denial by the Travel Insurance company MUST be In writing or are they requesting additional information, if so what specifically?

Jan 6, 2018
Why was the flight canceled? You may have filed imcorrectly if this was your flight coming home, that’s not trip interruption.

Please spell our EXACTLY what happened. You are being to vague for us to assist.
Vague? I booked the flight in May...in August they cancelled the flight ...I was forced to stay an extra night before returning to US and that in turn forced me to rebook by connecting flight home....how clear can this be!

Jan 6, 2018
we need to know if the claim was denied and the “Exact” wording used IN WRITING in the Denial letter. The devil is in the details!

Also need Date, Airline & Flt # and what reason did the airline give for the cancellation and did they provide that reason in writing? Was the entire cancelled Flt and rebooked flight paid for with the US Bank Visa.
We are trying to gather all the details in order to answer and assist in your case. Denial by the Travel Insurance company MUST be In writing or are they requesting additional information, if so what specifically?
Here is the response from Card Benfit services:

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor this claim because:
  • The Trip Delay Program does not provide coverage of any delay which was made public or known to the insured prior to the departure of the Covered Trip.
  • The reason for the flight delay is not a covered hazard. A Covered Hazard includes equipment failure, inclement weather, labor strikes, and hijacking or skyjacking.

What I am attempting to discover is what is A Coverd Hazard?

Jan 6, 2018
They did not give reason for cancelling the flight....gave me option of day earlier or day later. Entire trip of cancelled flight was paid w Altitude....denial is as follows:

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor this claim because:
  • The Trip Delay Program does not provide coverage of any delay which was made public or known to the insured prior to the departure of the Covered Trip.
  • The reason for the flight delay is not a covered hazard. A Covered Hazard includes equipment failure, inclement weather, labor strikes, and hijacking or skyjacking.

I want to determine definition of Covered Hazards....

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Date of flight, airline, Flt # and when was Flt cancelled and reason. Your answer above leads me to believe the flight was cancelled before you left in trip and you knew about it???? Please provide specific answers

• The Trip Delay Program does not provide coverage of any delay which was made public or known to the insured prior to the departure of the Covered Trip.”

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You are not being clear at all.

So they changed the flight BEFORE you left and notified you? How long before did they notify you? Depending on how far in advance they notified you, isn’t a covered reason. You would be covered if you had been at your destination and then the flight was changed.

If they notified you before to even left and staying the extra night wasn’t acceptable you were entitled to a full refund so you could book a ticket in another airline.

They are telling you what a covered hazard is;

Covered Hazard includes equipment failure, inclement weather, labor strikes, and hijacking or skyjacking.

Sep 19, 2015
Covered hazards are covered risks.

What they seem to be saying is that the issue was known at the time of booking a ticket.

For instance if one bought a ticket on Norwegian after the 787 engine problems were announced then a cancellation owing to 787 engine problem will not be covered as the problem was announced in advance and the insured bought a ticket knowing that the problem was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.