Travel Agency Hop2 DO NOT USE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 5, 2021
On March 3, 2021 I did a search for booking a ticket through Skyscanner and Hop2 was the least expensive, I decided to use them as they had the best travel option, they kept on calling me the change my ticket to a different airline and I said no as I am used to traveling with British Airways, I then realized I made made a error within a couple hours on the date leaving and requested to change to travel earlier I was willing to pay an additional fee to make the change even although Federal law requires that change or cancelation within 24 hours is permitted, they have refused continually, I then contacted British Airways who said they are willing to give me a voucher that I can use through them for future travel, they once again refused.
I strongly recommend to stay away from these agencies and rather book directly with the airlines as they have to report to the Federal Government

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
even although Federal law requires that change or cancelation within 24 hours is permitted
As said above this is only true when you book direct with the airline. Though there are many booking agencies that will cancel and get a refund if you cancel with in 24 hours as they can get it back from the airlines for you. Though many of these agencies have a fee to get this refund for you ( from 70.00 to 250.00), So in many cases you would not get all your money back.
So you wanted to cancel this flight less then 24 hours after you booked it and the flight was for more then a week away from when you booked this. Then you should have received a full refund as per their terms and conditions. If this was a ticket where you were leaving a few days later you would not be able to get a refund.
My advice is to take the voucher if you can get Hop2 to do this for you. I would expect you will have to pay Hop2 a fee to do the work to get the voucher.
I am going to get on my soapbox here.
Even before Covid it was important to research any online travel agent well before you give them your credit card details. With Covid it is even more so important.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021
As said above this is only true when you book direct with the airline. Though there are many booking agencies that will cancel and get a refund if you cancel with in 24 hours as they can get it back from the airlines for you. Though many of these agencies have a fee to get this refund for you ( from 70.00 to 250.00), So in many cases you would not get all your money back.
So you wanted to cancel this flight less then 24 hours after you booked it and the flight was for more then a week away from when you booked this. Then you should have received a full refund as per their terms and conditions. If this was a ticket where you were leaving a few days later you would not be able to get a refund.
My advice is to take the voucher if you can get Hop2 to do this for you. I would expect you will have to pay Hop2 a fee to do the work to get the voucher.
Thanks ideally I would take a voucher BUT "IF" I would have googled before I bought I would have seen I am not the only person having issues with them, they have terrible customer service and now they are changing their tune when it comes to the voucher, my credit car company is fighting with them too

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Again you should have Googled this before you booked NOT after.
As to your credit card fighting them. When Covid 1st hit the credit cards were doing a lot more charge backs where they got the customers money back. Now the credit card company has to take into the equation if they have any chance of getting money back from Hop2. So many claims that maybe should have been paid are now finding for the companies. maybe because the credit card companies do not want to pay you out of their pockets.

Reactions: Skippy

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Chances are, your credit card company will be unsuccessful in procuring you a refund. The terms and conditions of your purchase were stated to you, however, you did not realize at the time that the 24 hour cancelation rule did not apply to your ticket. A credit card dispute *can not* change the terms of your purchase! In fact, the online travel agency hasn't done anything wrong by charging you a fee to change your departure to an earlier schedule. You made the mistake of not thoroughly researching your purchase and now you have buyers remorse.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
To the OP.
Did you call under the 24 hours from booking to cancel?
Did you book a flight at least 7 days after you booked this flight?

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
The decision to use travel intermediaries is not, in my opinion, an absolute yes or no. Rather, the analysis to be performed centers around understanding their terms-and-conditions and the resulting expectations. Many travelers use OTAs (Online Travel Agencies) and/or Airbnb and VRBO to their satisfaction. What we see here in this forum, are the dissatisfied travelers.

Beyond situations like yours, Lawrence, intermediaries often refer travelers to the actual providers when issues arise. And their own terms-and-conditions can add complexity to your resolution options that may render the savings you obtained moot.

So, to really decide, we must search their policies to achieve a full understanding before booking. That includes examining reviews and ensuring that we know where they are located. Satisfactory resolutions are often limited if not impossible because these entities reside outside the traveler's home country.

Only when all this has been done should intermediaries be used, and travelers should be understanding when expectations are not met that the terms-and-conditions of the intermediaries will apply.

Skippy

May 30, 2019
Does the OP have a desired outcome other than to recommend people not use the same agency or have the same learning experiences?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
On March 3, 2021 I did a search for booking a ticket through Skyscanner and Hop2 was the least expensive, I decided to use them as they had the best travel option, they kept on calling me the change my ticket to a different airline and I said no as I am used to traveling with British Airways, I then realized I made made a error within a couple hours on the date leaving and requested to change to travel earlier I was willing to pay an additional fee to make the change even although Federal law requires that change or cancelation within 24 hours is permitted, they have refused continually, I then contacted British Airways who said they are willing to give me a voucher that I can use through them for future travel, they once again refused.
I strongly recommend to stay away from these agencies and rather book directly with the airlines as they have to report to the Federal Government
I'm sorry you have to learn our hard-and-fast rule the hard way, Lawrence. Unless you have no other choice, book direct. That goes for hotels as well as airlines. There's no point to saving $150 to gain flights that don't work and then losing your money. To call these online booking services travel agencies does a real disservice to the many real professionals out there. Slick websites, national advertising, computers ... that's all these internet entities are. They offer no customer service and they don't care. They make your booking and take your money. It's all about the numbers. All we can do is keep the subject alive and hope we can help more people before they lose their money ... or their minds trying to fix things. I am unclear about the exact details of your experience, but if we can do more to help, please come back.