Transfer Hilton Honors Points to ANA Miles - still no miles after almost 2 months and Hilton Honors not responding

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 22, 2018
I am a Hilton gold member

* on 5/28, I submitted an online request to transfer 100,000 Hilton Honors Points to 10,000 ANA Miles. 100,000 Hilton Honors Points were deducted from my account right away
* on 6/30, I followed up with Hilton Honors and I was told that a case is being opened to investigate

As of today, I still have not received the 10,000 ANA miles in my ANA Mileage Club account. I need this 10,000 ANA miles to reach 210,000 miles to book 2 flights as soon as possible.

I could transfer my other hotel loyalty program points [Starwoods or Hyatt] to obtain this 10,000 ANA miles but that would take another 2-3 weeks. Plus, this would essentially mean that I have
wasted the 100,000 Hilton Honors points because Hilton Honors has informed me that I am NOT allowed to cancel the point transfer request to get my 100,000 Hilton Honors points back.

So, I am now stuck. I am not able to get any update from Hilton Honors as to when I will get my ANA miles while I am not allowed to cancel the point transfer request. In fact, I am not
able to get response from Hilton Honors at all for my last Email to them, which was on July 16 - it goes unanswered for the past week despite numerous Email follow up attempts to request for a response.

Throughout this ordeal, responses from Hilton Honors generally fall into 2 categories:
1) a response telling me that my case is being investigated but with no detail information or update, such as investigation status or target resolution date
2) a response with either conflicting information or inaccurate information. For example, I was told at one point by Hilton Honors that I would get the 10,000 ANA miles on July 9 but should wait a few days before contacting Hilton Honors again if I still don't receive my ANA miles

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have company contacts on our company contact page. Use those to write to Hilton. Loyalty points are one of the things that we don't advocate for here:

Are there any cases you don’t mediate?

Yes. Here’s a partial list:

• Airfares that go up after selecting a flight option (caching).
  • Airline seat comfort issues, including in-flight entertainment systems that don’t work.
  • Any case involving legal action against a company or customer.
  • Asking a company to honor an obvious price error.
  • Car rental damage cases.
  • Cases submitted on behalf of a third party.
  • Compensation for delays that resulted in lost vacation or work days.
  • Getting a refund for a nonrefundable airline ticket or hotel room.
  • Missing or expired loyalty points.
  • Recently lost or misplaced luggage.
  • Visa/passport problems that led to denied boarding.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am a Hilton gold member

* on 5/28, I submitted an online request to transfer 100,000 Hilton Honors Points to 10,000 ANA Miles. 100,000 Hilton Honors Points were deducted from my account right away
* on 6/30, I followed up with Hilton Honors and I was told that a case is being opened to investigate

As of today, I still have not received the 10,000 ANA miles in my ANA Mileage Club account. I need this 10,000 ANA miles to reach 210,000 miles to book 2 flights as soon as possible.

I could transfer my other hotel loyalty program points [Starwoods or Hyatt] to obtain this 10,000 ANA miles but that would take another 2-3 weeks. Plus, this would essentially mean that I have
wasted the 100,000 Hilton Honors points because Hilton Honors has informed me that I am NOT allowed to cancel the point transfer request to get my 100,000 Hilton Honors points back.

So, I am now stuck. I am not able to get any update from Hilton Honors as to when I will get my ANA miles while I am not allowed to cancel the point transfer request. In fact, I am not
able to get response from Hilton Honors at all for my last Email to them, which was on July 16 - it goes unanswered for the past week despite numerous Email follow up attempts to request for a response.

Throughout this ordeal, responses from Hilton Honors generally fall into 2 categories:
1) a response telling me that my case is being investigated but with no detail information or update, such as investigation status or target resolution date
2) a response with either conflicting information or inaccurate information. For example, I was told at one point by Hilton Honors that I would get the 10,000 ANA miles on July 9 but should wait a few days before contacting Hilton Honors again if I still don't receive my ANA miles
What is ANA telling you? If the HH points are gone, I don't see how Hilton can be much help here. There's probably a little glitch in name, number or something and ANA is just doing nothing.