Toyota Corporate

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 23, 2019
I used to think highly of toyota but after this happened I don't anymore. There was a factory defect in the material on the drivers seat and they are trying to blame me . The rep I had from toyota did not help me and nobody listened to what I was saying so they won't fix the issue. when i went to toyota for a oil change and the brake recall, i showed the guy there the frayed material in the drivers seat and he said it did look like the fabric was frayed and now got a little bigger but said corporate has to approve. 2 more months went by before the field technician finally showed up. they would not let me be there and he told the claim rep that it was not a defect from the company that i must of had something sharp in my back pocket, i never did and it would not of matched up with the location because it is on the bottom where your ass is. After the rep from toyota told me what he said, she would not listen to what i was saying and the only people who have tools in their pockets are the technicians there. They blew me off and walked me out to my truck, i have had seat covers since day one, and there is no puncture in the seat cover.
the corporate claims rep just said i can pay for it myself which would be 376.00 plus labor. All toyota cares about is money not customer satisfaction. my truck is 8 months old and has 4,700 miles on it. i noticed it when i lifted the seat cover off to clean it. they take this field rep as GOD and only going by his word. They gave me no other options just wanted me to leave after i picked up my truck. also the field rep said when i had also mentioned there were white spots in the material on the back seat that it was a customer maintenance issue, i have never had to wash a back seat and also nobody has been in my truck except me and their technians who did a brake cylinder recall. My truck is new and now i don't want it and am afraid to drive so that the spot does not get any bigger, what is around 500 dollars to them according to there amount given to me if i calculated the labor into it. The warranty won't cover the seat so i regret buying a bumper to bumper extended warranty. I am being blamed for something i did not due and toyota said the whole seat needs to come out of the truck. I want it fixed right not just covered up by some fabric guy at a off the wall place, this truck was around 48,000 dollars

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You can use these contacts at Toyota: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/toyota/

Email one per week starting at the first cust serv person, escalating if no/negative response. Do not attach pictures or docs unless asked to do so.

You may wish to have an independent upholstery shop look at the problem and give you an estimate. A repair would likely be cheaper than through the dealer.

Mar 23, 2019
Toyota needs to do it right and take responsibility, not just me paying for a shop for the fabric and coming out of my pocket and that is if they cover it up, it wouldn't really be fixed because toyota said the whole seat would need to be redone

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Toyota needs to do it right and take responsibility, not just me paying for a shop for the fabric and coming out of my pocket and that is if they cover it up, it wouldn't really be fixed because toyota said the whole seat would need to be redone
You do not need to redo the entire seat if only one panel needs repair. Toyota is telling you this; you need a good independent shop to look at it.

Mar 23, 2019
email, i don't know how to call the higher people, but why should i pay for something i did not do, what is around 500.00 to them to do it right when they make millions of dollars

Mar 23, 2019
i don't believe toyota cares about there customers it is all false, if my husband was alive he would of known what to do.

Jan 6, 2015
The email contacts listed above by weihlac can be used to reach out to Toyota. . Before you do, please read this first: . How to Present Your Case

You are welcome to post your proposed email here if you would like us to review and comment.

Ideally you want to provide the least amount of detail that conveys the right amount of disappointment. Remember that your goal is to win someone over your side; to have them rule in your favor. You do not want to be ignored or rejected. Whenever inflammatory language is inserted into an appeal you incur the risk of both happening.

I strongly encourage you to present your case calmly. Let the facts rule the day, resisting the temptation to use insults . . .

Mar 23, 2019
it was not a insult it was the truth and now i noticed that my tony stewart tail gate piece is gone and it was at gosh toyota, a guy was looking at it who worked there

Jan 6, 2015
To clarify, from your post:

"They are trying to blame me"​
"Nobody listened to what I was saying "​
"They blew me off "​
"All toyota cares about is money not customer satisfaction"​
"They take this field rep as GOD"​
"I am being blamed for something i did not due"​
"Some fabric guy at a off the wall place"​

These are inflammatory remarks, and several are insults. If you include these in your emails, you may very well be ignored. Truth can be presented in many ways, but is best received when worded politely. Examples from above:

"From their examination they have concluded that this issue is user caused, but I disagree"​
"I attempted to explain what I believed to be the cause, but they declined to accept my explanation"​
"They then walked me to my truck"​
"All toyota cares about is money not customer satisfaction"
"I believe the field representative is incorrect"​
"I cannot see how I caused this. I installed seat covers immediately after purchase and their are no holes in them"​
"Some fabric guy at a off the wall place"

If you want them to help you, politeness is in order . . .

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm reading that you think Toyota should take responsibility for the defect. They are not going to do that. We have given you several good suggestions on how to get the upholstery repaired. Thinking that Toyota will suddenly decide to pay for this will gain you nothing but frustration. Use the contacts that we've given you and be sure to read "How to Present your Case" before writing. If you want to post a draft here, we will be happy to review it.