Tours in Bavaria?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 13, 2016
My wife and I will be in Munich in May and we would like to take a three or four day tour through Bavaria. Can anyone recommend any travel agencies that specialize in this? Thx.

Aug 13, 2016
Thank you, Neil. Yes I have checked Trip Advisor and they of course have Viator. I posted here at Chris' recommendation.

If no one can recommend agencies, perhaps there are suggestions of tours they have been on that they liked.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We use Viator all the time - we've never had any problems before. But we don't get people that come here looking for tour information or recommendations - folks that come here are asking for help with problems they are having.

Why not work with a travel agent? ASTA (The American Society of Travel Agents) has a website you can use to search for travel agents that have expertise in that are AND you can also post this question and have travel agents who can book things like this for you and advise you contact you.

Go to travelsense.org and search there. I am sure you can find someone who specializes in what you are looking for.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@phoaglan please take a look at the forums on TripAdvisor. There are forums for most cities/countries and you could likely post your question there. I've had great luck with that when I was planning my Berlin trip. I haunted those forums every day not necessarily asking questions but reading the questions that others posted and learning things I didn't know. Made it much easier for me when I was there.

Many of the pages have people who actually live in the city they are talking about so will have helpful information. Good luck!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
@phoaglan please take a look at the forums on TripAdvisor. There are forums for most cities/countries and you could likely post your question there. I've had great luck with that when I was planning my Berlin trip. I haunted those forums every day not necessarily asking questions but reading the questions that others posted and learning things I didn't know. Made it much easier for me when I was there.

Many of the pages have people who actually live in the city they are talking about so will have helpful information. Good luck!
I couldn't agree more, Carrie. TripAdvisor is an amazing resource. I've never posted a question that did not receive at least one response. The TA forums are a wealth of information on an almost anything .... and very entertaining to read. Just need to post thoughtfully ... some people ask things like "What shall we do in Bavaria?" ... which should be answered in a book from the library. Germany is one of my most favorite travel destinations ever, so much to see and do ... and the people are so much fun..