TJ MAXX

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 23, 2019
I recently made a purchase online at TJ Maxx for a 2 pack of King size Satin pillowcases . When my package arrived only half of my order was delivered. I called customer service only to be told that the item was incorrectly advertised and they would offer me a refund. I did not want a refund but the item which was advertised and is still appearing on their web site to date. A retail store would have to honor the error, yet it seems online retailer TJ Maxx believes it can not be held liable for their own errors. Though I spoke to a Supervisor, I was not given any hope of receiving the item as advertised.
What rights do customers have to protect them online?

Feb 21, 2018
What many on-line shoppers might not realize is that when purchasing through some brick-and-mortar stores using their website, there is no Amazon-like warehouse to fulfill the order. The orders are 'farmed' out to a store that shows available inventory of the item being purchased.

Once the order is received, someone needs to walk the store and find the item(s). If it is something on clearance or in short supply, it is entirely possible that while the system shows available quantity of, say, three...one of those is sitting in another customer's cart while they are walking around the store and hasn't paid for it yet. Another one might be damaged and not able to be sold. The third one might be sitting underneath a pile of pillows on a shelf because some other shopper changed their mind and didn't want to purchase it, and the store employee can't find it.

Result - an on-line order than cannot be fulfilled, and must be refunded. It then may take some time before the website can be updated to reflect the unavailability of the item.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think the OPs issue is that item is still shown on the website. Is it shown as available if you tried to order it does it show out of stock?

Their terms and conditions state items may not be available.

https://m.tjmaxx.tjx.com/m/jump/topic/find-help/legal/2400080#termsofuse

If it’s still shown as available, use our company contacts and contact them.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/tjx-companies/

This is how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Attachments

Jan 6, 2015
Larubia54 states that TJMAXX responded: "only half of my order was delivered. I called customer service only to be told that the item was incorrectly advertised and they would offer me a refund". The price seems to be the issue, not availability . . .

Aug 23, 2019
I appreciate all the responds to my inquiry. I had written an email to Richard Haus,Assistant Vice President Customer Service at TJX Companies. I just received a call from TJ Maxx customer service in which they informed me I will be receiving the set of pillowcases as well as a gift card for any inconvenience I have incurred. Thank you everyone

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well, this is excellent news. I prefer to walk into a store and purchase what I want and pay the price I want ... but there are lots of reasons an order needs to be placed online. It's awfully nice to know that online ordering outside Amazon is alive and trying to satisfy the customer. Congrats on writing a good email and thanks so much for letting us know.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Well, since it was still showing as available you could have
-accepted the refund
-re-ordered the item
-received the 2Nd item you had requested
This is all supposing they did not expect you to return the one you had already received.