TJ Maxx Gift Card Fraud

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 26, 2017
In January of this year, I purchased a $200 TJ MAXX HOMEGOODS AND MARSHALLS printable eGift Card from http://cardcash.com with my credit card.

The most recent transaction I did with this eGift Card was a purchase in August. This purchase left me with a balance of $125.60 on the eGift Card.

This month, I tried to pay for another transaction with this eGift Card. I found out that there was no money left on this card. I already contacted TJ Maxx Customer Service and they said that the $125.60 had all been used by someone without my consent. I never gave my eGift Card information to anyone so this has to be fraud. What should I do?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is the drawback of buying these off third party sites. Is this another third party site that people sell their cards they don’t want? If so then the original seller HAS the information that is on the card. It’s very easy for someone to pull this that is selling a card.

This is why they also have a 45 Days guarantee- it’s unfortunate you are beyond that.

45 Day guarantee? How does that work?
Glad you asked. Here is how it goes. Say you buy a Home Depot card at 10% off, well done! But when you check the balance before going shopping you see that there is no balance on the card. That'€™s a real bummer. Simply report the claim within the 45 day period and you will receive a refund as soon as our team confirms the discrepancy. More info about our guarantee can be found here .

You should go back to CardCash and file a complaint even though it’s been too long.

This is not the only resale company that we’ve seen this. This is why I will never use one of these resale sites- it’s just ripe for fraud from sellers.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I've used this sites with great success, but only when I had a particular purchase in mind, and was buying cards with the intention of using them immediately.
I think that is the key, which is why so many of them have those type of guarantees. To me, it just reeks of opportunism to scam someone if you are selling these. And to only use those sites that have this type of guarantee.

Apr 10, 2017
I've used this sites with great success, but only when I had a particular purchase in mind, and was buying cards with the intention of using them immediately.
It sounds like that's the key. You have to use the cards within the 45-day guarantee window or you risk what happened to Hans. But I agree with Neil that it's worth contacting Card Cash even though you're well past the 45 days.