Timeshare Cancellation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 7, 2019
I realize that I need to get out of my timeshare. It's with Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Is there a legal, legit, and guaranteed way to do this? Would this require an attorney to necessarily execute?

Has anyone heard of the Primo Management Group? https://www.linkedin.com/company/primo-management-group-inc/ They're an attorney-backed company that uses predatory lending to get people out of their timeshares. They have over 200 five-star reviews on Google and no complaints on BBB. They offer a money back guarantee. Do you think they are legit??? I don't know what to think and obviously, don't wish to be scammed or screwed over again on this timeshare. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I realize that I need to get out of my timeshare. It's with Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Is there a legal, legit, and guaranteed way to do this? Would this require an attorney to necessarily execute?

Has anyone heard of the Primo Management Group? https://www.linkedin.com/company/primo-management-group-inc/ They're an attorney-backed company that uses predatory lending to get people out of their timeshares. They have over 200 five-star reviews on Google and no complaints on BBB. They offer a money back guarantee. Do you think they are legit??? I don't know what to think and obviously, don't wish to be scammed or screwed over again on this timeshare. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.
If they are asking for money upfront, do not pay them. You will have a hard time getting rid of your timeshare and likely will have to pay to get rid of it.
It cost us $1500 to get rid of our timeshare a decade ago.

Jan 7, 2019
If they are asking for money upfront, do not pay them. You will have a hard time getting rid of your timeshare and likely will have to pay to get rid of it.
Who did you use? Who was your timeshare with? Thanks.

Sep 19, 2015
“Use predatory lending” is never a good sign.

It is not backed by an attorney — they have outside counsel. Going to PM you a link

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
How does "predatory lending"relate to getting rid of a time share? This reeks of yet another scam. Please have a look at all the threads in our "Vacation Rentals" forum for some clues on how to obtain some assistance. I hope that Weilhac can give you some insight as well.

Jan 7, 2019
Who did you use to get out of yours? Thanks

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Who did you use to get out of yours? Thanks
My wife handled this and unfortunately the paperwork is in a location which I cannot access until May. She attended one presentation at a local resort where the presenter claimed to be a member of a timeshare organization and wanted $5K up front to handle the "sale". When checking with the timeshare organization she found the presenter business was not a member and likely a scam. She was able to find another company (name currently not accessible) and it cost us $1500, well worth the cost to be rid of the constantly rising annual fees. We received NO money for the timeshare.