Ticket names

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 18, 2019
Just bought tickets for Chicago to Phoenix for my grandkids -- but dropped the last letter of my 13-year old granddaughter's name (Vanessa to "Vaness"). Is TSA going to hassle me when we board the plane?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did the confirmation you receive have her name spelled correctly or did you make the error?

The airline might give her a hard time. If you are in the US and bought through the airline and she is flying in more than 7 days you need to immediately cancel the ticket and buy another fo correct it or call the airline and ask them to correct it. You have 24 hours to do it.

Call the airline (I hope you booked directly.)

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I believe a missing letter can be corrected by the airline without issue. I tried to find that info on United’s website without luck. Usually if it’s only a one letter mistake, they will work with you.

Aug 18, 2019
I hope so -- I too tried to find a contact number or email on the website, or a way to edit the ticket, but no luck. One more reason why flying is an ordeal, not a pleasure.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I believe a missing letter can be corrected by the airline without issue. I tried to find that info on United’s website without luck. Usually if it’s only a one letter mistake, they will work with you.
I agree and if domestic they do not require a 13 tr old to have Valid ID of any kind. I actually think you are fine :) if you are flying internationally then it must be fixed as it won’t match her passport.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
You might reach out to UA thru their Message system on FB. The Social Media people on UA Facebook page are actual CS that can assist (if they choose to help)
Is this an International Flight???? 13 yr olds do not need ID if a Domestic Flight.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Did you even try calling 1-800-UNITED-1? (found on this page https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/contact.html)
YES! Just give United a call. If your call is answered by a pill, excuse yourself politely and call back. UA has some very good agents and I'll bet they'll just fix it for you. Be as charming as you can manage and admit that you made the mistake right up front and how terribly sorry you are to bother them.