The Destination Company

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 26, 2018
My husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland in August. We usually plan our own trips, but I found The Destination Company based out of New York state with Irish personnel who will put a custom self-drive package together for us centered in Donegal. I can't find anything online about this company and would like to know if it is reputable. Many companies focus on the southern and southwest coast. This company claims they can help us with the northern route.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@patmap I would agree. If there's really nothing about them, it truly is buyer beware. I would want to know more about the people that run the company before I would do business with them. And if Neil hasn't heard of them, I would definitely be wary.

Jan 22, 2015
having been to Ireland many times, I can say that you can do most of Ireland on your own without the need for a travel guide. I have also used local guides when I got there. And I don't remember the names.
For stuff around Dublin, I found the hop on, hop off bus to be great

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
having been to Ireland many times, I can say that you can do most of Ireland on your own without the need for a travel guide. I have also used local guides when I got there. And I don't remember the names.
For stuff around Dublin, I found the hop on, hop off bus to be great
The only issue is if it’s your first time you don’t know what you are seeing without guides. Our first time there we did a tour and then rented a car and went out on our own. Both my wife and I says we wished we still had the driver because he told us what we were seeing while driving, while guiding us through castles, the Cliffs of Moher, the the Bunratty Folk Village, etc.