Thank you, Elliot

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2017
I want to say thank you for providing me with the information that allowed me to resolve a small but annoying problem with Lowe's. I purchased a washer and dryer from a Lowe's store in South Florida. Delivery and installation were done by some company called XPO. They were supposed to change the dryer door opening but did not. They said they would return 2 days later, they did not. Finally, a week later, they returned but told me it was too difficult and left. All this time I was in contact with various Lowe's store personnel. I called Lowe's again and asked them how they planned to resolve this. After some time went by with a callback, I came to this site and found the Lowe's executive contacts. One email to the first contact on the list and the issue was resolved. Late this afternoon the store sent two employees to my house to move the door hinges. Prior to that, I received a call from Lowe's Executive Office with an apology. It seems that the person to whom I sent the email had forwarded it up the chain.

So, one succinct email to a Lowe's customer service employee got a speedy response and my problem is fixed. Thank you to this site for providing the info and thank you to Lowe's for taking my message seriously.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
do you mean to tell me that it's not necessary for me to stand on my head to move wet clothes into my dryer? I had no idea. When I need a new one, I'll be sure to get the hinges on the correct side. You're right, it's a small but very annoying issue. Thanks for the kind words, and now you have helped me in return!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
do you mean to tell me that it's not necessary for me to stand on my head to move wet clothes into my dryer? I had no idea. When I need a new one, I'll be sure to get the hinges on the correct side. You're right, it's a small but very annoying issue. Thanks for the kind words, and now you have helped me in return!
When you order them you can tell them which way you want the door to open. When we orderecour last last, my wife told the salesman she wanted the washer one way and the dryer another. I thought she was nuts but it was so the door of the dryer wasn’t I the way when we empty the dryer.

Apr 10, 2017
When you order them you can tell them which way you want the door to open. When we orderecour last last, my wife told the salesman she wanted the washer one way and the dryer another. I thought she was nuts but it was so the door of the dryer wasn’t I the way when we empty the dryer.
It's not something you think about it when you're first going from a top loading washer to a front loader. I knew to be aware of it because one of my friends had just purchased the same set a few months prior and the dryer door opened in the wrong direction. They had it fixed right away. Since her husband had done extensive research before selecting that set we decided to buy the same one and I knew to make sure the door opened the right direction. I would have never thought about it otherwise.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It's not something you think about it when you're first going from a top loading washer to a front loader. I knew to be aware of it because one of my friends had just purchased the same set a few months prior and the dryer door opened in the wrong direction. They had it fixed right away. Since her husband had done extensive research before selecting that set we decided to buy the same one and I knew to make sure the door opened the right direction. I would have never thought about it otherwise.
That’s very true. My wife is famous for doing this with the refrigerator. One opens one way and our basement one opens another way to make it convenient.

This might help someone else reading this to know they can request their appliance doors open a certain way when they order.

Feb 11, 2018
Guys just don't understand this stuff!