Terrible Customer service and no bag

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 13, 2019
Hello friends there is power in numbers. I need a huge favor. Please share my post.

I arrived Monday morning at 11:45 am on flight F9 1515 on Frontier Airlines and due to a little fatigue and and dizziness after deboarding the plane in able to go to baggage claim to receive my bag. When I did about an hour later my bag was locked away behind a glass case and there was no one I could find that worked for the airline at their luggage claim or upstairs counter to unlock it and retrieve it for me. I had to leave it there. I have been calling and emailing the airline for the last 40 hours and I have yet to hear from a live person to get my bag. I have filled out a claim to no avail and have been getting nothing but the run around. I have attached my email correspondence and phone call log with them for your purists. I have noticed them I need the bag as it has some medication in it that I need. Please share and repost to help me add pressure for them to give me my bag. I have had to buy new clothes and spend money I don’t have to make it while I’m on a professional work trip. It had been a nightmare and a looming force keeping me from being able to fully do MY JOB!!!
Thank you and I appreciate any and all support.
#iwantmybag #frotierairlinesistrash

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You also should never pack prescriptions in a checked bag. They should only be out in your carry on along with any valuables and electronic items.

I have to agree with VoR- why haven’t you returned to the airport to pick the bag up? They aren’t going to ship it to you if they have it as they didn’t lose the bag, You’ll have to go pick it up anyway.

Mar 15, 2018
You also should never pack prescriptions in a checked bag. They should only be out in your carry on along with any valuables and electronic items.

I have to agree with VoR- why haven’t you returned to the airport to pick the bag up? They aren’t going to ship it to you if they have it as they didn’t lose the bag, You’ll have to go pick it up anyway.
My thoughts exactly - on both counts.

I'm not clear why you "filled out a claim" - the bag isn't lost. I highly doubt they'll deliver it to you, as they will consider this your error since you were on the plane with your luggage, but didn't collect within a reasonable time frame. Any luggage remaining on the belt after a period of time will be removed from the belt and put in an "uncollected luggage" area, as you saw.

I expect you will need to go to the airport and try to collect your luggage yourself. I'd suggest going during a time when you know there will be other travelers arriving. Or, assuming you're returning home soon (you mentioned you're on a business trip), you may need to wait until then. Be sure to leave yourself lots of extra time at the airport before your returning flight, so you have time to hunt someone down to open the glass case.

Good luck!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're locked in such a muddle. Just go out to the airport and pick up your bag. There's no other way to retreive it. As LeeAnne says, look up Frontier's schedule and pick a time when there will be personnel there to supervise arrivals. Do this right away before your bag IS declared lost. If you can't find any Frontier people, find a security person and ask them for help. I hope your bag is still there.

Sep 19, 2015
When one
Hello friends there is power in numbers. I need a huge favor. Please share my post.

I arrived Monday morning at 11:45 am on flight F9 1515 on Frontier Airlines and due to a little fatigue and and dizziness after deboarding the plane in able to go to baggage claim to receive my bag. When I did about an hour later my bag was locked away behind a glass case and there was no one I could find that worked for the airline at their luggage claim or upstairs counter to unlock it and retrieve it for me. I had to leave it there. I have been calling and emailing the airline for the last 40 hours and I have yet to hear from a live person to get my bag. I have filled out a claim to no avail and have been getting nothing but the run around. I have attached my email correspondence and phone call log with them for your purists. I have noticed them I need the bag as it has some medication in it that I need. Please share and repost to help me add pressure for them to give me my bag. I have had to buy new clothes and spend money I don’t have to make it while I’m on a professional work trip. It had been a nightmare and a looming force keeping me from being able to fully do MY JOB!!!
Thank you and I appreciate any and all support.
#iwantmybag #frotierairlinesistrash
After your flight lands at 11;45 at SFO there is a large time gap until Frontier planes start landing again. The airline locked up your bag so it would not be stolen.

You need to go to the airport with your baggage claim ticket and pick it up -- but you need to go at a time when other flights are arriving so there is staff there. Low cost airlines do not have extra staff waiting around.

It is doubtful that the airline will deliver it to you because it was on the flight with you. Why not go pick it up yourself? Frontier has flights landing in the evening from Denver, so there are people there after work hours.

All you need to do is go back to the airport and pick it up.

I am sorry that you were not feeling well but Frontier got you and your bag to SFO on time. They cannot leave a piece of luggage unattended for anyone to just walk off with.