Target stole $40

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 9, 2019
I had a transaction where I bought battlefield v and another game and then I combined the gift card because I thought I'd just order them both. I cancelled battlefield v and was suppose to have a $40 refund because some of it was partially already refunded because of something that happened... Well I waited a few days and no refund or replacement card. I contact them a few days ago like where is my refund they said they were going to give me a replacement card because they couldn't open it and I didn't have the card number because i combined it. They stated they weren't going to reissue the card at all.

The Order Number is #XXXXXXXX
and the last 4 digits of the gift card is 4915

Note- edited by Moderator to remove order number.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I don’t understand what happened. What do you mean by “was suppose to have a $40 refund because some of it was partially already refunded because of something that happened...”

Did you use a gift card for he purchase? Was it an online game or a physical game you receive immtje mail?

Jan 9, 2019
I don’t understand what happened. What do you mean by “was suppose to have a $40 refund because some of it was partially already refunded because of something that happened...”

Did you use a gift card for he purchase? Was it an online game or a physical game you receive immtje mail?
@Neil I used the gift card then cancelled the item so it should have been returned to the gift card but where I combined the gift card they closed the card and when it was returned it was still closed. So I contacted them to help me out they said do you know the gift card number I said no because I deleted the email with it and they contacted me and said they wont be opening or sending a replacement.

Mar 23, 2015
I'm still confused. You need to be clearer. You had a gift card. You bought games. You cancelled one of the games, and combined ... what with what? 2 Gift cards? The original gift card and the "refund" gift card? What did "they close"? And if you combined the cards into one, the purchase should show the one used and they can refund to THAT card. Why is the closed card even an issue? You need to bullet what happened in order and be a lot clearer. Maybe they aren't sure what you're asking them to do...

Jan 9, 2019
I'm still confused. You need to be clearer. You had a gift card. You bought games. You cancelled one of the games, and combined ... what with what? 2 Gift cards? The original gift card and the "refund" gift card? What did "they close"? And if you combined the cards into one, the purchase should show the one used and they can refund to THAT card. Why is the closed card even an issue? You need to bullet what happened in order and be a lot clearer. Maybe they aren't sure what you're asking them to do...
I combined one gift card with another. The original gift card was the refund gift card and they closed when i combined it. when it combined it closed because no balance but when the funds were returned it was already a closed card.

Mar 23, 2015
Gift cards typically can have more money added to it. Do you just not have the physical card anymore? The email from them indicated they wouldn't "refund your gift card." That sounds like they think you're asking them to open a lost or stolen gift card. Your request should stop focusing on the gift cards and ask "how am I getting a refund for my cancelled order?" This is no different than going to the store without a receipt or card--they just give a card for store credit.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Bryant, if you will make a concise chronological list of the facts, we may be able to help. Without the details, all the details, we can't see a path for you. Gift cards are becoming a huge problem, so I hope we can assist you once we know exactly what happened.

Feb 16, 2018
Was one of the gift cards a card you had received from Target because you had previously returned an item? If so Target may think that you are trying to evade policies on a previously returned item.

Jan 9, 2019
Was one of the gift cards a card you had received from Target because you had previously returned an item? If so Target may think that you are trying to evade policies on a previously returned item.
No, I cancelled the item so it should have been returned tto the gift card

Jan 9, 2019
Gift cards typically can have more money added to it. Do you just not have the physical card anymore? The email from them indicated they wouldn't "refund your gift card." That sounds like they think you're asking them to open a lost or stolen gift card. Your request should stop focusing on the gift cards and ask "how am I getting a refund for my cancelled order?" This is no different than going to the store without a receipt or card--they just give a card for store credit.
It was an egift card. I asked them to give me the $40 for my cancelled order and they won't give me the money.

Mar 17, 2015
Bryan, if you will please make a concise chronological list of the events, as asked before, no response here understands what has happened from your posts. Other than that, you can start writing to customer service contacts of Target, asking them for resolution. Don’t forget to be polite and wait at least one week between each exec.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com