Target card wasted $415.00

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 9, 2019
I had a gift card replacement that was mailed to me, I was planning on saving it. I checked the other day and it says there was two purchases yet I haven't used it at all and still even have the physical card! They refuse to give me my money back but will only give balance that is left which is not fair.

Someone spent $322 and $70 left it with a $12.00 balance.

They are saying that the card wasn't used by me but yet won't give me my money back when I gave nobody my card.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Jul 13, 2016
So as I understand it, you got a gift card from Target, and the security code/PIN number was scratched off and visible when you received it?

Was the envelope damaged in any way?

You say this was a replacement card. Did you lose the original card, or was this a card given as a credit for returned merchandise?

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Wow,it just seems like a person can no longer trust anyone. A Target employee or a USPS employee comes under suspicion on this one. Sad.

Jan 9, 2019
Target mailed you a card that had the security code scratched off? Did you notify them as soon as you got it?

Use our company contacts and start writing to Target, starting at Customer Service. Tell them they sent you a replacement card that had the security code exposed and when you went to use it- there was money missing.

Write using the info in this post.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
Okay I will try.

So as I understand it, you got a gift card from Target, and the security code/PIN number was scratched off and visible when you received it?

Was the envelope damaged in any way?

You say this was a replacement card. Did you lose the original card, or was this a card given as a credit for returned merchandise?
Lose original card...

Apr 3, 2016
You seem to have alot of issu s with Target ( this one and the other $40 that you are looking for). You may want to combine the problems when you write Target.

Jan 9, 2019
It is suspicious you have two different issues at the same time.

How far have you gone with the advice we gave you in post 5?

The $40 was for a cancelled order but I had to combine gift cards so it was messed up.

I'm going to follow your advice now though... These are the transactions:

January 1, 2019 | 9:16 PM
Transaction Purchase
Amount -$70.16
Location Amherst
December 19, 2018 | 11:04 PM
Transaction Purchase
Amount -$332.07
Location Amherst

I live in Kentucky...