SUNWING VACATIONS...BEDBUGS!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2019
I went to Sosua Casa Marina resort in Dominican Republic.On the second week I got bedbugs in my bed and I changed rooms three times without getting rid of them.I complained to Sunwing and after coming back...exnhanging some emails they offered me $170.83 what I declined.I appealed and talked to the director of costumer service but they refused to compensate more.I wanted one week refund or a voucher for one week to go somewhere.They say it was not bedbugs and that the hotel did everything they could to help.Saw my family doctor and he confirmed the bedbug bites and after two months I am still suffering from scares.

Attachments

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You should be aware that moving to another room that does not have bedbugs will not relieve the already present bites. These types of bites, like other insect bites, may persist and itch for days to weeks.

Unfortunately, bedbugs are a real problem in hotels, and not just in budget hotels.

Feb 3, 2017
And, bed bugs hop along for the ride to elsewhere in luggage. It is possible you unknowingly had some that got into your luggage when you moved to different room