Sun Country Airlines Voucher Issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 2, 2021
Hello,

I’m hoping you can help me. I had a $947.40 flight credit from Sun Country to use by May 1st from a canceled trip during COVID last spring. I was in the process of booking the trip last night and I was on the payment screen. I applied the voucher and it showed up as the first form of payment. I entered my credit card for the remaining balance and hit submit. The next thing I knew my invoice showed that both amounts were charged individually to my credit card. It didn’t list my flight voucher on my invoice, which I found confusing. I called Sun Country this morning since it was closed last night and they told me that they could see I started the transaction before midnight but when I pushed submit the transaction didn’t go through until 12:00am on May 2. My confirmation email is dated May 2 at 12:00am. I’m very frustrated because the credit was applied when I started payment on the reservation and they can see I was paying for it before the midnight deadline. Every clock is different and I don’t feel like I have any control over how long their website takes to process once I hit submit. We’re talking about mere seconds that has now made it so they won’t honor my credit voucher. I have talked to a customer service representative and her supervisor. I have emailed the company. Is there anything you can do to help me? Thanks so much.

Matt

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Your next step, I believe, should be to escalate this VIA EMAIL using this link: Sun Country
send them only the highlights that describe your experience - the things they "need to know"
do not include attachments - - offer instead to send them upon request (the might be "undeliverable" otherwise)
be sure to start at the lowest level and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Following these steps will increase the likelihood that your email will be read and that it can be understood in 3-4 minutes

Reactions: Alexander Pahany

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is a shame, Matt. You've experienced one of the reasons we constantly caution about waiting until the last minute to take care of travel issues ... or any issue for that matter. Every clock is different, but the only one that counts is Sun Country's clock. It's possible that they will issue you another credit for the mistake, but you've probably paid for a new tix. Or were you able to cancel the "new" booking within 24 hours? Follow VoR's guidance.

May 2, 2021
This is a shame, Matt. You've experienced one of the reasons we constantly caution about waiting until the last minute to take care of travel issues ... or any issue for that matter. Every clock is different, but the only one that counts is Sun Country's clock. It's possible that they will issue you another credit for the mistake, but you've probably paid for a new tix. Or were you able to cancel the "new" booking within 24 hours? Follow VoR's guidance.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I was able to cancel the “new” booking because it was within 24 hours. We’ll see, I’m hoping they’ll extend me another credit for the new booking. I’ve submitted the online complaint form listed in VoR’s guidance.