SUBARU

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 11, 2019
Company you have a question or comment about: Subaru

Took my 2012 Subaru Outback to Jackson Automotive Subaru located in Macon, GA on 14 January 2019 due to a transmission issue. My Subaru Service Representative (Jamie and the auto technician) performed a service check on the vehicle. Jamie later called me back to the service bay and informed me that it was the torque converter. Jamie informed me that Subaru has many complaints about the CVT and torque converter issues and that Subaru extended warranty to 100K miles. My car have 115K. After talking with Jamie in detail about the cost for repair, he guaranteed me 3 times that the torque converter would fix the problem. With verbal guarantee from Jamie (Subaru Service Rep) that the torque converter would fix the problem, I went with his recommendation. The car was in their possession for 25 days. Received a call 7 Feb 2019 stating that the torque converter didn't fix the problem and that I needed a new transmission. I was told I would have to pay for yet another new torque converter and a re-manufacturer transmission. They charged me $1591 for work that they guaranteed but didn't fix the problem.

Requesting help to resolve an automotive discrepancy that Subaru already aware of.

What's your desired resolution? Since Subaru is aware of customer complaints about this unsafe unit (the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), I'm requesting that Subaru remove and replace defective unit at no cost and credit monies already paid since it didn't fix the issue. Again they guaranteed me it would fix the problem.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 1591

Date of transaction/travel date: 02/08/2019