Stunning Tours is non-responsive and they want more money.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2020
Last January we booked a trip to Japan with Stunning Tours in California for a week leaving April 2020. We are going with another couple. We have both received invoices for a further partial payment due Dec. 31, 2020. Both couples have repeatedly called and emailed them seeking to postpone or cancel the trip due to Covid. We have not been able to elicit a response from them either way. We do not want to pay the additional $800 on Dec. 31 until we communicate with them. If not paid, we may lose our deposit, not a desired outcome.

What's your desired resolution? We would like to know what to do. How do we proceed if they are non-responsive? The initial deposit was nearly a year ago.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Last January we booked a trip to Japan with Stunning Tours in California for a week leaving April 2020. We are going with another couple. We have both received invoices for a further partial payment due Dec. 31, 2020. Both couples have repeatedly called and emailed them seeking to postpone or cancel the trip due to Covid. We have not been able to elicit a response from them either way. We do not want to pay the additional $800 on Dec. 31 until we communicate with them. If not paid, we may lose our deposit, not a desired outcome.

What's your desired resolution? We would like to know what to do. How do we proceed if they are non-responsive? The initial deposit was nearly a year ago.
Your dates do not make sense. April 2020 has passed. Did you reschedule?. Was the original date canceled?
Where are you located?
Travel from the US to Japan for tourism is not allowed now.

Reactions: Patina and VoR61

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Stunning Tours is a Chinese company with a US office. There are many disruptions in Chinese -American dealings that may impact their business.

You can check with the State of California to see if they are still actually in business in California.
But if they remain unresponsive giving them any further $$$ is unwise.

Reactions: VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Jun 24, 2019
Stunning Tours is a Chinese company with a US office. There are many disruptions in Chinese -American dealings that may impact their business.

You can check with the State of California to see if they are still actually in business in California.
But if they remain unresponsive giving them any further $$$ is unwise.
Stunning Tours appears to be a Dba of Risheng Tours & Cruises, Inc., an active California corporation located in the City of Industry with an active seller of travel license.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
What do their terms and conditions say. Does it say anywhere in them that if you do not make the final payment you could lose all your deposit. It is worth checking before the final payment date is past.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What do their terms and conditions say. Does it say anywhere in them that if you do not make the final payment you could lose all your deposit. It is worth checking before the final payment date is past.
This company may not be able to provide refunds looking at the complaints with the BBB. If I couldn’t reach them, there is no way I’d pay another penny to them regardless of the original contract.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Many small suppliers are not going to stay in business with the current situation. We’ve seen a few travel suppliers that surprised us going out of business. I’ve never heard of this company before but not responding to emails or phone calls is a huge red flag.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Located in US. I know travel is not allowed, but my problem is I can't even reach them.
I hear you ... your issue is the inability to communicate with them. They're probably in an idle mode and there's nobody there to answer the phone or read the mail. Perhaps one of the owners comes in occasionally ... but has nothing to say to you yet so just ignores your messages. Or they may have ceased doing business completely. Under no circumstances send them any more money. My colleagues have found out lots of info for you; do some searches to see if you can find more clues. Meanwhile, lean on your credit card and hope they'll help. You should send a formal response to the recent invoice stating that you want to postpone the trip. All during 2021, we are going to see situations that are without hope, people are losing their money, companies are ceasing to operate. It's getting worse every day. It's a horrible situation that will not resolve itself until the travel restrictions are lifted.