Stubhub tickets

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 13, 2019
I recently purchased tickets from StubHub and they were not together but we didn’t notice until we got to our seats. Our email said they were both in the same row but when we got to our seats they were not in the same row. Now, I’m getting the run around from StubHub about compensation. After numerous calls, they say it can take 72 hours to resolve and the next time I call they say I’m in the que and the 72 hours isn’t right.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You’ll have to give them at least 72 hours. So the site showed the same row and tickets together and when you arrived, they were 2 different rows?

In reading their terms and conditions, I found this interesting:

disputes between Buyer and Seller and provide the FanProtect Guarantee, StubHub has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of the Tickets; the truth or accuracy of the user’s content or listings; the ability of Sellers to sell tickets or Buyers to pay for them; or that a Buyer or Seller will complete a transaction.

And then they say this:

When a Buyer accepts your offer by purchasing your Ticket through our Site, you are contractually bound to deliver that exact Ticket for Sales Price and within the required delivery timeframe. You are obligated to monitor your inventory and ensure all listings are accurate.

Did you file a Buyer guarantee complaint?

Feb 21, 2018
We've purchased tickets from Stub Hub many times, and the purchase confirmation has provided both the row and seat information. Was that information on your email confirmation? What location information was there?

Jul 13, 2019
We've purchased tickets from Stub Hub many times, and the purchase confirmation has provided both the row and seat information. Was that information on your email confirmation? What location information was there?
Yes, on my email it said row 17 seats 241 and 242 but when we got to the stadium, seat 242 is actually in the 18th row.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I recently purchased tickets from StubHub and they were not together but we didn’t notice until we got to our seats. Our email said they were both in the same row but when we got to our seats they were not in the same row.

This seems like it falls into the Buyer Guarantee. If they question why it took so long to contact them, tell them you couldn't find it on their website.

Dec 17, 2018
Just call them. Stubhub has a phone number and you should be able to do it on the phone - they will actually charge the seller a whole pile of money if the seats weren't what they said they were. It's like a 50% penalty charge... it's a lot. And you'll get some type of refund.

Jul 13, 2019
Just call them. Stubhub has a phone number and you should be able to do it on the phone - they will actually charge the seller a whole pile of money if the seats weren't what they said they were. It's like a 50% penalty charge... it's a lot. And you'll get some type of refund.
I’ve called them numerous times and they say it is with the international team and its urgent but I have yet to hear back. I think they are hoping I will go away!