Stranded at the Havana Airport for more than 12 hours due to mechanical--and customer service--failure (AA's that is ...)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 6, 2015
Coming back to the Havana airport, I found a TripAdvisor review from 2 years ago that said regarding the lounge:

"there were some nuts, slices of ham and what looked like uncooked beef burgers plus fruit in a container that when you lifted the lid was covered in fruit flies. Beer and rum plus a few soft drinks were available on a self service basis. No tea or coffee was available so I asked for some hot water and had to wait for 20 minutes for it to arrive"

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I almost booked that cruise. There's a long thread on cruise critic about it...with many shouting for a class action suit. As soon as they switched the ports the same people complaining about missing "the two best ports" started complaining about NCL making another change.
I think it's because quite a few people booked trips to Paris from London for the two extra days. I can't believe that NCL actually listened to passengers and went that far to get those two ports back. Now if they had just re-instated all the tours that we had booked it would really be almost perfect. They shouldn't have made the changes in the first place just to get the ship into dry dock earlier.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Yup, travel can be exhilarating and it can also be a real drag; sometimes both on the same trip. This situation was bad, but definitely not awful. Many factors affected the delay, not just airline incompetence. I'd ask for 1/2 of a o/w tix in cash or vouchers and 10K miles ... for each pax. As far as a dingy airport with no services, it's always the traveller's responsibility to bring something to eat in their carryon. If these kinds of challenges make you crazy, then you need to avoid travelling to places that may not be up to your standards. This is just the way travel works.