Statute of limitation for a Enterprise RAC to bill me for windshield replacement. Received bill 4 mos later (Phoenix, AZ)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 24, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona - I had an accident in my personal vehicle August 2017. My insurance co set up a rental through Enterprise RAC. The car was returned on 09/26/2017. Unfortunately, the windshield got cracked, and I had not purchased any of the LDW products. I normally do because I use to work for Alamo RAC years ago and believe in the products, but could not this go around because of budgetary issues.

Nonetheless, I received a bill via email last evening (some 4 mos later) for $219.00 for the windshield replacement. The bill included an administrative fee of $50.00, which is ridiculous.

Question: What is the statute of limitation in Arizona when it comes to how long a rental car agency has to bill me and/or my insurance company for the windshield replacement or any damage for that matter, if any? It seems 4 mos is rather excessive, and the rental agency should be forced to eat the cost. I thought Enterprise RAC would have billed my insurance, but apparently they have not.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Craig

Sep 19, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona - I had an accident in my personal vehicle August 2017. My insurance co set up a rental through Enterprise RAC. The car was returned on 09/26/2017. Unfortunately, the windshield got cracked, and I had not purchased any of the LDW products. I normally do because I use to work for Alamo RAC years ago and believe in the products, but could not this go around because of budgetary issues.

Nonetheless, I received a bill via email last evening (some 4 mos later) for $219.00 for the windshield replacement. The bill included an administrative fee of $50.00, which is ridiculous.

Question: What is the statute of limitation in Arizona when it comes to how long a rental car agency has to bill me and/or my insurance company for the windshield replacement or any damage for that matter, if any? It seems 4 mos is rather excessive, and the rental agency should be forced to eat the cost. I thought Enterprise RAC would have billed my insurance, but apparently they have not.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Craig
4 months is not uncommon.

Statute of limitations only refers to the length of time a company can sue you for the debt. IN AZ it is 3 to 6 years depending on type of contract.

Have you contacted your insurance company if this happened in 2017? Or did you mean 2018?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii

Please advise.

Thank you.

Craig
2-6 months (I have both 2 & 6 mos with Hertz) for a car rental agency to process a damage claim is not unusual. The statute of limitations is likely years, not months; plus it appears that you are responsible for the damage and are expected to pay for it. $219 is on the low end for a windshield. They may have gotten a fleet rate.

Jan 24, 2019
This happened in 2018... sorry... My question is does the RAC have a case against me because they've waited 4 mos to bill me.. I told them originally to bill my insurance company... but, the obviously have not.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No statue of limitations for you. Yes they have a case against you. This is not an excessive amount of time.

“I normally do because I use to work for Alamo RAC years ago and believe in the products, but could not this go around because of budgetary issues.”

Yet you are questioning the bill coming four months later, which is well within the time frame of a claim coming through a car rental company.

Doesn’t your own car insurance cover a rental? Why can’t you put the claim through your own insurance? Put the claim in yourself- they are going to bill you, not your insurance company - you were the driver and the one responsible.

You know you owe the money for this as you admit you brought it back with a cracked windshield.

I’m afraid if your own insurance won’t pay it, you have to.