Starbucks failed me...

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 6, 2019
Company you have a question or comment about: Starbucks

I ordered one of the spinach feta wraps from a Starbucks location in Woodbridge and it just tastes awful. I was told they are pre made and just heated up prior to serving. It's very dry, the wrap itself is hard and kind of stale tasting, and the veggies and cheese are nonexistent. It looks nothing like the one on display being advertised. Why did I buy this it was a total waste.

What's your desired resolution? I want my money back at the very least.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 5

Date of transaction/travel date: 01/27/2019

Apr 10, 2017
Did you let them know at the time that you were dissatisfied? My experience with Starbucks is that their customer service very good and they are more than happy to make things right. What happened when you talked to the manager at that location?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I have to agree with ADM- did you ask for a refund at the store? Did you eat the entire sandwich?

If you asked for a refund and the restaurant refused, you have an issue. If you didn’t ask- then you didn’t give them a chance to fix it.

Obviously there is no kitchen at a Starbucks so of course the food is going to be frozen and simply heated up.

Let us know if you were refused a refund at the store or not.

Feb 6, 2019
I went in, got my food and left to eat it at home like 5 mins down the street. Just the quality of the ingredients weren't fresh it was pretty much like eating cardboard. I'm surprised that with the reputation that they have, they would be ok with selling garbage like this.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There is nothing we can do if you didn’t take it back. You have no proof that you didn’t eat it and now just want a refund.

Sorry but take this as a lesson learned- if there is no kitchen and chef there is no way you are getting fresh food.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Fresh kind of depends on the individual store. My fav store sells out of a lot of items so quickly that I always know that the food is fresh.
Unless, of course, it is an unpopular item.
If I want a protein box for lunch, I need to buy it by 11:30ish to get one.
Starbucks cares about your opinion and would make it right if you give them the chance.
They once offered me a $4 gift card because the salt packet (in the protein box for use on the hardcooked egg) was too wet to use and they didn’t have an extra. I Just shrugged and walked away and the manager brought the gift card to me later as an apology.
PS. It is said that HRC keeps hot sauce in her handbag. I now keep salt packets! LOL.

Feb 11, 2018
Company you have a question or comment about: Starbucks

I ordered one of the spinach feta wraps from a Starbucks location in Woodbridge and it just tastes awful. I was told they are pre made and just heated up prior to serving. It's very dry, the wrap itself is hard and kind of stale tasting, and the veggies and cheese are nonexistent. It looks nothing like the one on display being advertised. Why did I buy this it was a total waste.

What's your desired resolution? I want my money back at the very least.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 5

Date of transaction/travel date: 01/27/2019
All you had to do was go back with the uneaten portion of the sandwich and ask for your money back. So what's the problem???