Spectrum Charter-Removal of DVR service from monthly Bill

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 21, 2018
The following is the issues I am having with Spectym Charter. I have contacted them by phone, messages them on facebook, and tried to email. The emails have all bounced back.

On November 1, 2018 I called the Charter Spectrum customer service line. I was calling to cancel my DVR to lower my monthly bill. The person I spoke with stated that I had to return the DVR cable box in my home in order to cancel the service.

The person on the phone shipped a new cable box that did not have the DVR capability. They also sent a Fedex label for me to return the DVR cable box in my home.

I put the DVR cable box in the FedEx drop box on Monday November 11, 2018.

The package was received by Charter in Charlotte, NC on November 13, 2018. The fedex tracking number 4683 7963 4644

On November 20,2018 I called the customer service line. The DVR cable box as well as the DVR service were still showing on my bill. The person I spoke with stated that they put in a ticket to research the box return and the removal of the DVR service from my bill. They said that it should be resolved with in a week.

On November 30,2018 I called and spoke with Sara at 4:30pm. She looked at my previous calls and elevated my ticket. She said the DVR box and DVR service would be removed from my bill within 2 weeks.

As of today’s date, the DVR box and service are still listed on my bill. The purpose of removing the DVR service from my bill was to reduce my monthly payment. The payments made in November and December were higher than when I initially called on November 1, 2018.

I would appreciate any help you could give me regarding the removal of the DVR box and service from my account.

As a side note, I had a charter repair person in my home on November 30, 2018 because I was having internet issues. At that time, he checked the one cable box in my home. I also made sure that he noted that we had no other boxes in our home while he was there.

I would appreciate any help or next steps to follow.

Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You need to take this up the Executuve Chain. You have a receipt showing it delivered- if they can't find it that’s not your problem.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/charter-communications-charter-spectrum/

Since you’ve already dealt with Customer Service, write to the first execituve listed. Give him at least a week to reply especially with the holiday. If you don’t hear ftom them by the end of next week- go to the next. Repeat weekly and ask them to please credit you back through Nov. 13 on your bill.

Last edited by a moderator: