Southwest Travel Funds

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 28, 2018
When I noticed a lower price for tickets I booked 1/2/18 for a trip to Austin TX on 4/26/18, I contacted SW and they gave me the lower price under the same confirmation #, and put the $60 difference using that confirmation # into "Travel Funds" that would expire 1/2/19. I used this Travel Funds credit on tickets I purchased 6/6/18 for travel on 12/24/18. Again, a lower price was subsequently offered (I check when they send me their weekly "sale" emails), and I called to get the lowered price. They again put the difference of $40 into Travel Funds under the 12/24 confirmation number, BUT with the earlier expiration date (1/2/19) of those previously used funds, rather than the trip purchase date of 6/6, thereby making them total useless to me. Is this "SOP" or should I appeal to SW executives?

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@thelinzeys It never hurts to ask... Ultimately on the second trip you used two forms of payment, cash & a credit from the travel bank. LUV opted to refund the credit and not the cash to the travel bank which is why you got the old exp date. It keeps people from playing games.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, the date is based on the original purchase date of the ticket. The fact you sltesdy had one price drop doesn’t start the new time clock ticking. You didn’t purchase the ticket 6/6

Most airlines don’t allow this at all do the fact you are getting a credit is good service.BUT- use our company contacts and write to SW and ask if they can give you an extended date. The worst they can say is no, the best is yes. It never hurts to ask.

Jun 28, 2018
Unfortunately, the date is based on the original purchase date of the ticket. The fact you sltesdy had one price drop doesn’t start the new time clock ticking. You didn’t purchase the ticket 6/6

Most airlines don’t allow this at all do the fact you are getting a credit is good service.BUT- use our company contacts and write to SW and ask if they can give you an extended date. The worst they can say is no, the best is yes. It never hurts to ask.
I did purchase tickets to Charlote on 6/6. They were over $400 for two, so most of that I charged to my credit card, less the $60 in travel funds from the April Austin trip.
Two weeks later the Charlote ticket price went down $40. when I called, the agent put the $40 in travel funds under the Charlotte confirmation number. She actually seem susrprised that the expirations showed as Jan 2, 2019, which was the date I orriginally purchased the Austin tickets for the April trip.

Jun 28, 2018
Am awaiting a reply from Custumor Comment Form, as this was suggested as first step prior to contacting SWA company executives.