Southwest Travel credit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.

Sam

Jan 22, 2015
Colorado
Last year I was supposed to meet a friend out of town for St. Patrick's Day (2020) I booked a flight on Southwest. Then the pandemic hit. Southwest was great allowing me to cancel my flight. They gave me a flight credit, which has since been extended until 2022.
The problem was that I had paid for early bird boarding, which they were not going to refund. After talking with them they did give me a voucher that was going to expire in April of 2021. I was happy with that. It was going to give me plenty of time to travel. Surely this Covid-19 virus won't last that long....

Fast forward to earlier this week. I realized the voucher was going to expire here soon. Granted its only $40, but I still would like to use it for future travel.
So I reached out to Southwest via social media. A few hours later, I hear back from them. They were nice enough to grant me a 6 month extension, so hopefully I can use it here soon. They also said, feel free to reach out if I need another extention.

Thanks Southwest

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Last year I was supposed to meet a friend out of town for St. Patrick's Day (2020) I booked a flight on Southwest. Then the pandemic hit. Southwest was great allowing me to cancel my flight. They gave me a flight credit, which has since been extended until 2022.
The problem was that I had paid for early bird boarding, which they were not going to refund. After talking with them they did give me a voucher that was going to expire in April of 2021. I was happy with that. It was going to give me plenty of time to travel. Surely this Covid-19 virus won't last that long....

Fast forward to earlier this week. I realized the voucher was going to expire here soon. Granted its only $40, but I still would like to use it for future travel.
So I reached out to Southwest via social media. A few hours later, I hear back from them. They were nice enough to grant me a 6 month extension, so hopefully I can use it here soon. They also said, feel free to reach out if I need another extention.

Thanks Southwest
Please post on any social media site you know. It's important that we all applaud and recognize travel companies who are doing the right thing, even for small amounts. Very happy to read your post.