South Africa Trip Refund From Tour Agency

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Aug 5, 2020
In January 2020 I purchased a tour to South Africa from Advantage International
in Chicago. The tour as to have left in March. Due to
the Corona virus it was postponed to September. It s now being postponed
to March 2021. I have asked for a refund but
have been told the funds have been disbursed and they will try to get my money
from the various vendors. My question is -What responsibility does
Advantage International have for refunding my money? I did not pay
10 different vendors, I paid Advantage with my American Express and it seems
they should pay me and then deal with their vendors. They keep asking for
patience while this is sorted out. I just want to have all of my money returned.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Everybody wants their money back. Some travel providers have the cash reserves to issue refunds, others do not. Few travel providers have any revenue coming in and expenses go on. Our advice depends on your answer to Neil's uestion: what does your contract state about cancellations?

May 21, 2020
near Charlotte, NC
Advantage International is an online booking agency. The money you paid them was used to pay the various vendors (guides, transportation, entrance fees, lodging, etc) for your tour. You were given notice about these vendors in the T&C when you booked this trip.

More importantly, Advantage did not cancel your tour. As you originally posted, they postponed it for spring 2021. By requesting a refund, you are cancelling your trip. According to the T&C I read online, you aren’t eligible for a refund if you cancel. You might be able to get a future credit but that would be an exception that Advantage and you would need to negotiate.

Cancelation by Traveler: Notice of cancelation must be made in writing to Advantage International, LLC, and your cancelation date will be the date we receive your notice. Cancellation penalties are outlined in the booking information document for each tour.

• 100% of the initial deposit is non-refundable if canceled at any time.
  • 100% of the total package price is non-refundable if canceled after final payment, including if you do not show up at the start of your trip. If final and full payment is not received by the applicable due date, reservations are subject to cancelation and deposits shall be forfeited.
Your decision not to participate on the Tour due to State Department warnings, fear of travel, or the like will be deemed a cancelation. Because tour prices are based on contract rates, there will not be any refund for any unused portion of a tour. Some group tours are based on minimum numbers of passengers traveling; if the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed, the tour may be rescheduled or the tour may be canceled outright.