sony mobile

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 22, 2017
Regarding Sony Xperia Contact Center, Service Request: 1-33759137678
My Complain on 15th Sep 2017-
Respected Sir/ madam,
Its very unfortunate to me that I couldn't get any response of lodged complain in Sony Xperia Contact Center. Even I mailed my complain to CEO sony mobile Kazuo.Hirai@jp.sony.com, and other key persons of sony mobiles like michael.fasulo@am.sony.com, patricia.arias@am.sony.com, michael.lynton@am.sony.com, john.dolak@am.sony.com

My xperia mobile phone Tx (LT29i) model has starting problem, which was bought in Sep. 2013 . As per talk with customer care executive on phone through toll free no. 1800 103 7799 and service centre in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, both of them told me that the software of your phone will not be updated in other words phone is useless, either go to local market to make workable. Sony has not any responsibility and will not give you any support. I think this is not good for user of sony mobile, which is a global brand. So its solr responsibility of Sony to take the product back and solve the problem. I will pay for this.
Waiting for your response.
With Regards-
Ranjit Kumar sinha

Note: Till today I am not get any solution from Sony mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
@Neil is probably right, unfortunately. The companies might not support older electronics, preferring that you go buy something new. Pretty good business plan, huh?

Many retail companies today just don't care about the individual consumer, theirs is a numbers game, ... if you're unhappy, there are 5 more customers to take your place. Those of us who learn how to use something, use it successfuly and have no issues with it are a dying breed ... especially with electronics. "Everyone" wants the newest and discards the old reliable device.

Sep 19, 2015
That 29i was released in fall of 2012, and Sony stopped updating the software this year. it was a midrange phone and probably getting close to being technologically obsolete, so no more updated software. unfortunately being close to 5 years old is considered a technological dinosaur and the OP may have to buy a new phone.

Sony will not take it back or replace it because it is obsolete. If that were the practice in technology we would all just buy one computer or phone and just keep getting turning it in for a newer model.

Feb 9, 2016
and im sure whatever factory warranty you had ran out after a year, or maybe two. if you are so inclined, and since the warranty is over anyways, one last step might be for you to root the phone and replace it with a fresh OS and see how much more life you can get out of it. If you cant do this, maybe you have a technically inclined friend who can. one thing, be sure to back your entire phone up onto your hard drive before you do this. In case of error you will have your data and can restore.

Good luck

Sep 22, 2017
and im sure whatever factory warranty you had ran out after a year, or maybe two. if you are so inclined, and since the warranty is over anyways, one last step might be for you to root the phone and replace it with a fresh OS and see how much more life you can get out of it. If you cant do this, maybe you have a technically inclined friend who can. one thing, be sure to back your entire phone up onto your hard drive before you do this. In case of error you will have your data and can restore.

Good luck
Thanks, I will try for reboot.

Feb 9, 2016
Thanks, I will try for reboot.
it's not a reboot, it's called rooting the phone. you are basically wiping your current OS and data and installing a fresh OS and sometimes you can update the OS. It really depends on how old your phone is and what the hardware and memory will support.

To be honest with you, a lot of my old phones become casting devices for the various TVs I have in my house. But I purchase android at less then $200 as a price point. I get enough use out of my phone to where I feel satisfied when I am forced to get a newer phone.

Good luck

Apr 10, 2017
You could also buy a "new" one on eBay. I see some advertised as new and unused for $80 with free shipping and a 90 day warranty.

Like sas I never spend much if anything on a phone so I'm happy to get 2-3 years or so out of it. The cheaper phones do what I need them to do and I'm fine with it.

Feb 9, 2016
You could also buy a "new" one on eBay. I see some advertised as new and unused for $80 with free shipping and a 90 day warranty.

Like sas I never spend much if anything on a phone so I'm happy to get 2-3 years or so out of it. The cheaper phones do what I need them to do and I'm fine with it.
I like to use www.swappa.com gently used phones

Myself I have the Motorola Amazon phone with Ads on it. 32GB of memory for $150 - who cares if my lock screen is an ad? And the truth is that you can run some code to change all of that anyways.