Sometimes, they go above and beyond

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 26, 2014
I recently stayed at a Hilton property in Columbus OH and unfortunately left my computer glasses in my room. The hotel called to tell me they found my glasses and would I like them to ship them to my home or some other address. Now THAT is service. (I did not have to ask if they would ship, they offered to ship and just wanted to know where) I have left items behind before (who hasn't?) and each time the property has shipped my item back to me, it was just that they were proactive in this case which made me appreciate them all the more.

Dec 8, 2015
@CTP That's really nice!

This is not to say anything bad about Hilton, but I once read a study that said the more expensive the hotel, the less likely you are to get your stuff back. And apparently very high end hotels will not contact you out of respect for "guest discretion." (As in, perhaps your spouse doesn't know you were staying there ... crazy, right? They'll wait for the guest to call the hotel looking for the valuables.)

Glad they got you reconnected with your stuff!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
@CTP That's really nice!

This is not to say anything bad about Hilton, but I once read a study that said the more expensive the hotel, the less likely you are to get your stuff back. And apparently very high end hotels will not contact you out of respect for "guest discretion." (As in, perhaps your spouse doesn't know you were staying there ... crazy, right? They'll wait for the guest to call the hotel looking for the valuables.)

Glad they got you reconnected with your stuff!
Oh Jessica, you made me LOL. It's true about hotels not trying to contact the guest with a lost item. There were MANY instances way back when that a wife got a call from Aspen when she thought her husband was in Cleveland. Woe betide the poor husband if the item was a feminine one and the hotel assumed it was the wife's.