sometimes it is all good!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 26, 2014
Just in case readers of forums like this end up thinking that all airlines are horrid, that each travel experience is going to be the worst type of cattle call ever, I wanted to say that sometimes if not most of the times when people travel, it is a very nice trip filled with delightful people willing and able to help you get to your destination in an easy and welcome manner.

I have left things on the plane and gotten each and everything back! I have missed flights through MY OWN FAULT and yet airlines have let me standby for the next flight (which I have made) I have met some awesome gate agents, some wonderful FAs, and even great cleaning crews! While I am not a "pollyanna" type necessarily, I do know that honey does get better results than fleas as my mom used to say.

Bottom line is to use the resources you have, be it a true travel agent (NOT an online ticket purchase/reservation agent), a loyalty call center, or your own research and common sense, not all experiences will be bad ones.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Of course the majority of airline experiences never have problems, I wouldn't call flying pleasant in any case but obviously most flights are just fine. And most of the complaints we see here were caused by the complaintants themselves either not buying insurance, making a mistake when booking their own tickets or not knowing what they are doing.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Just in case readers of forums like this end up thinking that all airlines are horrid, that each travel experience is going to be the worst type of cattle call ever, I wanted to say that sometimes if not most of the times when people travel, it is a very nice trip filled with delightful people willing and able to help you get to your destination in an easy and welcome manner.

I have left things on the plane and gotten each and everything back! I have missed flights through MY OWN FAULT and yet airlines have let me standby for the next flight (which I have made) I have met some awesome gate agents, some wonderful FAs, and even great cleaning crews! While I am not a "pollyanna" type necessarily, I do know that honey does get better results than fleas as my mom used to say.

Bottom line is to use the resources you have, be it a true travel agent (NOT an online ticket purchase/reservation agent), a loyalty call center, or your own research and common sense, not all experiences will be bad ones.
Happy you posted this, CTP. I feel exactly the same way, but I was afraid everyone would make fun of me. Out of hundreds of flights and thousands of airline people, I can count the bad experiences on one hand. Mama taught me to empathize with the other guy when there are problems, and the people who get into trouble flying are the ones who harass the employees.