Small claim court vs Orbitz/ Expedia

  • Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2020
I want to toss out one more thought. If you are not too far upstate, and you chose to go the small claims court route (which I would only do after trying DOT, the company contacts we list, and Chris), you might want to consider suing both Expedia and APG IET in one case. As best as I can determine, APG IET has an office in Manhattan. I cannot figure out their corporate ownership though, but perhaps our travel agent commentators know the answer. Whether you can sue them both in one case in Manhattan is something I'd ask the folks at the local small claims court:

And here's a link to APG IET's web page, if you don't have it. Perhaps that's even a new phone number to pursue.
I was able to contact a representative from APG IET in France and got the same answer- Expedia is not willing to get the refund from APG.

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
I think this is the address of APG USA. I talked with Mr. Coats from this office. He confirmed that APG are willing to refund the tickets but only through Expedia, not directly to the passenger.

APG New York
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

e: [email protected]
t: 1-800-380-6541
I would use the one I provided from the New York Secretary of State.

If you make them a party to your small claims suit, they might change their mind and refund you directly.
  • Like
Reactions: VoR61
Not open for further replies.