Skylux owes us $6396.00

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 11, 2020
Neil,
I would fill out the form you mentioned so your organization could contact someone a Skylux but I don’t know what form.

May 21, 2020
near Charlotte, NC
Neil,
I would fill out the form you mentioned so your organization could contact someone a Skylux but I don’t know what form.
This should work.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It shouldn’t matter that the company(skylux) bought the tickets with miles. They took our money.
And we have received nothing in return. Seems there should be some protection for this kind of dishonesty.
Like I said the credit card company believed the lies they were told from Skylux.
How so we find out if we do have a credit.?
I know that this must seem nuts to you. Reality is that you used an online booking service to purchase your tix. Few experienced travellers would ever book on one of these services. The re-sale and/or repackaging of frequent flyer miles is a very grey area, and you may not even be aware of where your tix came from. These entities are very, very careful to obfuscate everything. Since an airline will punish a pax who sells or barters his miles, I don't know how these guys stay around. Online booking services come and go, they spend their money on slick websites to make you think that you're dealing with a real entity. Sometimes there are several of them piled together, feeding each other commissions and fees. Once they have your money, it is most difficult to get it back. It could take months, or years. This particular service may not have any cash to refund. They may have used the BA refund for operating expenses ... you have no idea because they're just a website. I am so very, very sorry that you got roped into this.

Reactions: AMA

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
I think is is worthwhile to follow the instructions on the following site:

They state that you should call first so they can determine if they handle the type of complaint you have. Given that almost 5 months have passed since Skylux was supposed to refund, this might be an avenue for resolution . . .

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Forum Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Unfortunately, Skylux typically sells contracted fares rather than published fares, and most of those contain fare rules that they are non-refundable/non-transferable. Even in the case of a schedule change or airline cancellation, the fare rules may only allow for a future credit (usually good for one year). We really discourage consumers from using these type of consolidators, while the price may be much better than what is offered by the airline, the trade-off is there are usually no cash refunds, only a credit that can be used towards another ticket with the same airline.

We are usually not successful in mediating cash refunds with these companies, due to their terms and agreement and the fare rules of the purchase. If they have offered you a credit, that is probably going to be the best resolution you are going to get.

You may want to file a complaint with your State's IG or ASTA as mentioned above, which should at least get you a response from the company.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
To clarify, this is Dr. Jacci's interaction with Skylux:

"Skylux informed us we could get a refund"​
"We informed Skylux that we wanted a refund"​
"We again rejected the travel credit and told them we wanted the refund"​

The delay in the refund is the issue here . . .

Dec 11, 2020
to VoR61
I read your comments and was wondering if you had any additional comments..all I see is a brief summary of our issue but nothing else.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Forum Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
To clarify, this is Dr. Jacci's interaction with Skylux:

"Skylux informed us we could get a refund"​
"We informed Skylux that we wanted a refund"​
"We again rejected the travel credit and told them we wanted the refund"​

The delay in the refund is the issue here . . .
Unfortunately, it comes down to the fare rules. If they allow a refund, then the airline should be providing it per the contracted fare. We do know from the numerous submissions we are getting that BA is taking a very long time to provide refunds, even to consumers who booked directly, so it may just be a waiting game. Many of these companies are having financial issues and hanging on hoping that travel will start back up to generate the cash they need to provide refunds.

Dec 11, 2020
Thanks for all the info so far.
I will contact consumer [email protected].
and I will try to contact Laura Taniusha at skylux.
Also I will look into Delaware’s attorney general.
The hardest part of all of this is the fact that Skylux lied to us and lied to our credit card company when we went that route.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks for all the info so far.
I will contact consumer [email protected].
and I will try to contact Laura Taniusha at skylux.
Also I will look into Delaware’s attorney general.
The hardest part of all of this is the fact that Skylux lied to us and lied to our credit card company when we went that route.
It’s [email protected]

Dec 11, 2020
We contacted Better Business Bureau and attorney general in California and Delaware. I tried to contact the Laura Person at Skylux but again they weren’t helpful..couldn’t “find” her in the system. We heard back from “Clyde” at Skylux and after several communications he said on Dec 18 that the refund was processed ..gave us a transaction number and told us that it would be 10-14 business days for the refund to appear. Well that time has passed and still no refund..surprise. Any suggestions as to the next step..capital one was again no help..they didn’t have any pending credits.
I have communicated with Better Business Bureau and let them know the above info and still no refund. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I have communicated with Better Business Bureau and let them know the above info and still no refund.
There is absolutely nothing the BBB can do to help you get your refund , if this company does not want to. The BBB has no power to make this company do anything.
I think it still might be the company just does not have enough money to refund you yet. You are not alone there are thousands of complaints that SkyLux is not refunding people.
I wish I had advice hot to get money from them. But alas I do not know how to squeeze a stone.
I take it your charge-back failed. Have you called your CC again and told them you still have not got your refund.

Reactions: VoR61
Nov 27, 2019
We contacted Better Business Bureau and attorney general in California and Delaware. I tried to contact the Laura Person at Skylux but again they weren’t helpful..couldn’t “find” her in the system. We heard back from “Clyde” at Skylux and after several communications he said on Dec 18 that the refund was processed ..gave us a transaction number and told us that it would be 10-14 business days for the refund to appear. Well that time has passed and still no refund..surprise. Any suggestions as to the next step..capital one was again no help..they didn’t have any pending credits.
I have communicated with Better Business Bureau and let them know the above info and still no refund. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Did you contact the ASTA?

Reactions: Comicman