Skylux owes us $6396.00

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 11, 2020
We purchased 2 business class airline tickets with Skylux travel on July 24,2019 In the amount of $6396.00 for flights from St. Louis to Prague on May 23,2020 and from Budapest Hungary on June 5 2020...SkyluxTravel booked the seats on British Airways . However British Airways cancelled the flights due to COVID 19 pandemic.
we never received the refund from Skylux nor credit voucher for future travel. On May 18 2020 Skylux informed us we could get a refund but it could take up to 2 months or we could get a credit for future travel ..whichever option worked best for us. We informed Skylux that we wanted a refund for the full amount. We waited patiently for the full amount of the refund.. On July 13 we received a phone call from Skylux offering a travel credit in the amount of $6396.00 rather than a refund. We again rejected the travel credit and told them we wanted the refund. We were informed that the refund would be processed within the next 2 weeks. On July 28 we were told the refund had been processed 12 days prior to July 28. Skylux has still not refunded our money nor have we received a travel credit voucher. They have stollen our money.

Note-Attachments removed by moderator as they had personal email addresses in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, when you book through a travel agency, DOT rules about refunds for canceled flights do not apply. The rules are only when you book directly with the airline.

Travel agencies or consolidators often have unpublished rates that are totally nonrefundable even if the airline cancels.

Who charged your credit card- Skylux or BA? If BA charged you, you had a published rate. If Skylux charged- you have a non published rate.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
You really should contact BA and ask if they have refunded SkyLux. BA can not refund you directly, so you need to make sure if SkyLux even requested a refund from BA.
It will go like this unless you see on your credit card statement a BA charge ( I do not think you will):
SkyLux needs to request a refund from BA, BA needs to refund SkyLux, SkyLux needs to deduct their booking fees and their refund processing fees (per person), Then SkyLux gives you back what ever is left over (after they hold onto it as long as they can , or untill they get enough new bookings to use that money to pay you).

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You really should contact BA and ask if they have refunded SkyLux. BA can not refund you directly, so you need to make sure if SkyLux even requested a refund from BA.
It will go like this unless you see on your credit card statement a BA charge ( I do not think you will):
SkyLux needs to request a refund from BA, BA needs to refund SkyLux, SkyLux needs to deduct their booking fees and their refund processing fees (per person), Then SkyLux gives you back what ever is left over (after they hold onto it as long as they can , or untill they get enough new bookings to use that money to pay you).
That’s if it was a published fare.

Reactions: VoR61
Dec 11, 2020
why is it legal for skylux fo tell us our refund had been processed and we should be receiving it? When we contacted British Airways we were told the ticket had been purchased by ASAP?...I had no idea that there was yet another third party involved. Skylux denied knowing anything about ASAP.
Skylux lied to our credit card company and told them they had given us credit for the flights when in fact we have received nothing. Is there anything else we can do? Seems not right for them to take our money and get nothing in return.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
why is it legal for skylux fo tell us our refund had been processed and we should be receiving it? When we contacted British Airways we were told the ticket had been purchased by ASAP?...I had no idea that there was yet another third party involved. Skylux denied knowing anything about ASAP.
Skylux lied to our credit card company and told them they had given us credit for the flights when in fact we have received nothing. Is there anything else we can do? Seems not right for them to take our money and get nothing in return.
This may be the problem

Skippy

May 30, 2019
This may be the problem
Here is some more info from TA

Dec 11, 2020
This may be the problem
This may be the problem
this is a SCAM..why hasn’t the DOT or FTC addressed this?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you tried contacting your credit card company? It may not work depending on what the terms and conditions say on the ticket.

Did the terms say the tickets are non-refundable?

I’m sorry you didn’t research this before buying. Many times if it seems too good to be true-nit usually is.

Dec 11, 2020
we understood the tickets were non refundable but not when the airline cancels and we have no control over this.
skylux lied to our credit card company and told them we agreed to get credit for future travel so the credit card company believed their lie and would not credit us despite numerous emails showing proof of our details. We still don’t know if we do have credit or not and if we do we have no idea what the terms are.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The quagmire is you did not book directly with airline and the DOT rules are a refund is due only when you book direct.

Part of the issue is you didn’t know what you were booking. You used a company that is known for using someone else’s miles to book tickers with so you actually did not buy tickets bought with cash. When you book on your own- you are acting as your own travel agent and you are responsible for knowing what you are buying.

You can try contacting your credit card company and seeing if they can help.

Dec 11, 2020
It shouldn’t matter that the company(skylux) bought the tickets with miles. They took our money.
And we have received nothing in return. Seems there should be some protection for this kind of dishonesty.
Like I said the credit card company believed the lies they were told from Skylux.
How so we find out if we do have a credit.?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Complete this form - our researchers might be able to find company contacts for you:

Dec 11, 2020
I’m confused ..what form ? I tried to click on the link in your message but it didn’t work.
When I went to Elliott.org and went to help form..... that was the form I filled out initially when I signed up for this forum.
please clarify how to get to the form you were referring to ...I have been unable to reach any significant contact at Skylux so if your organization can help with that that would be great.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I did not know they were miles brokers. Looking at their site it is not clear they are. As well posts on TA also do not make it clear they are mileage brokers.
Big question here is did you cancel before the airline canceled the flight? If you did you are only due a voucher ( minus I think 250.00 per ticket for their processing fees, though it might be waved)
If you did not cancel at all , then they are not following their terms.
"If your ticket is not honored for any reason, please contact your agent immediately. Your ticket is guaranteed up to the amount paid for the ticket, and SkyLux Travel will replace your ticket within 24 hours or offer a full refund, or provide other alternative options within 24 hours."
To me this sounds like you are due a refund. I think you should show this to your credit card company along with your email from SkyLux saying you can only get a voucher. I think you might get the charge back put back into your favor.
Remember this company might just not have the money to refund you , this company might not have received a refund from BA, And if they are a miles broker they would not get a refund and have to try and get the money back from the person they paid for the miles.
Important ... once you accept a credit voucher you will not be able to get a refund anymore. SO think hard before you take a voucher. I hope your credit card will reconsider once you show them proof you are not getting the refund you are due.
Also remember this, if I have 100.00 in the bank and I owe you 6300.00 and you want me to pay you 6300.00. What do you think I will do, what do you think will happen? I am guessing nothing.

Though I am not sure the "OR"s in the italicized section are your option to choose or it that is what they can do no matter what you want. If this is a case then you are just due a voucher and nothing else.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019
The underlying problem here is that Skylux may not be ABLE to refund your money, or at least not all of it. They bought miles from someone, and used those miles to buy your ticket. This activity is prohibited by the airlines, so BA isn't going to help, since they didn't get paid cash. Whoever Skylux bought the miles from isn't going to just return the money, and there isn't any way to make them.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Attachments

• 7B0CAC9A-E2D4-411D-BD53-88114E128755.jpeg
    7B0CAC9A-E2D4-411D-BD53-88114E128755.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Skippy