Sixth rental Car

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 27, 2018
hi I just returned my rental car today and I saw the lady using a marker marking the car panel and rim and taking picture. I was going to ask her why she marking the car and taking pic but she came over and say everything is ok and I just need to sign and I can go so I did that and went on my way. but later I think about it it seems werid so I yelp the store and saw some review saying they will charge you the damage you didn't do. I didn't take picture before I get the car or see if the rims is damaged or not. usually I walk around if I don't see any big damage I wont say anything since most of the rental car company said if its a big damage then they car cause I always ask there is scratches on the car so I don't do that no more. my question is will they try to charge me for the damage I didn't do?

Dec 27, 2018
Do u know how long It takes for them to make a move cause I got Hotwire insurance for that car and I used chase sapphire credit cardon the car too but I didn’t tell them since they say everything is ok. I don’t want them to sent me a letter in 3 month and my Hotwire or chase card not going to cover cause it’s been 3 month.

Dec 27, 2018
Hi so they finally sent me a claim letter about I damage their car. I saw the scratch picture and it looks more like some grease smudge than scratch. How will I go from here? Do I sign the claim paper that they sent with my insurance info?

F5359203-815E-415E-9DC2-CD73F95E249B.png

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Ask them for the time stamps. That isn’t proof you did that damage.

This is why it’s important to take pictures at pick up and drop off- to show those marks were there when you picked it up. And if there is damage at pick up, insist that an employee marks up the diagram of the car.

Sep 19, 2015
Richard203 if you have insurance from Hotwire send the claim to them do not delay because there may be time limits to submit a claim.

Dec 27, 2018
Richard203 if you have insurance from Hotwire send the claim to them do not delay because there may be time limits to submit a claim.
but I don't know if they going to dismiss the case or not tho? so I should file a claim first and see if they going to dismiss the claim?

Dec 27, 2018
I posted on their fb page and they message me about my issue and right now im waiting for their response. on the claim letter I asked for their time stamp pic but never got an email yet. so let see hows the fb message work out

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
but I don't know if they going to dismiss the case or not tho? so I should file a claim first and see if they going to dismiss the claim?
You should file the claim asap. That’s why you have insurance. You only have a certain amount of time to file. If you can fight the claim after- that’s fine but cover yourself now.

Dec 27, 2018
K so I talked to them and they sent me a inspection sheet with my signature on it. The signature was when I return the car and the lady say everything ok and told me to sign the small box. The people on the phone told me they can’t do anything about the signature and they can only base the picture and inspection sheet that I did it. I guess ima file a claim with the rental car company now. Totally a scam. Do this claim go on my driving record?