SIXT Rental - How to dispute Loss of use and Diminution Value ?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone!

Thank god I found this group, I was left without any proper direction into what I am going through with Sixt now.

Long story short - In a narrow multi story garage, I have swiped the passenger side rear window against the wall. Almost after 3 months I received invoice from the Sixt, which contains
- Deductible payable by me
- Loss of use
- Diminution Value
- Admin charge

My insurance - Progressive - takes care only of the Damages cost excluding my deductible, nothing else. I am charged $1250 approx totally.
- Can anyone please let me know is there a way to dispute / negotiate these charges with them?
- I don't feel that Loss of use can be $450 since for the same period of time there is also a possibility that the car might not be rented after all (I booked a Full size car, which was upgraded to premium car Volvo XC 90 due to unavailability)
- I also found a line that goes "This demand is based on Preliminary estimate. The estimate might be subject to additional changes prior to final repair." What is the best way to deal with this?

Thank you for your time!

Feb 23, 2018
As we advise clients who are being charged by car rental companies for Diminished Value and Loss of Use, limit your losses through negotiating with Sixt, Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. by providing your own independent appraisals. These may disprove the amounts you are being charged and save you a few bucks. Rental units aren't as valuable as private passenger cars therefore their diminished value after repairs is much less. Regarding your liability, though, if you didn't opt for the additional coverage and don't have an endorsement in your own policy that covers DV, you are obligated to pay these fees.