should i receive a refund for a misleading hotel area title on priceline.com express deals?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 1, 2015
Hi. I was asked to post this on the forums for potential help.:
Hi, Im Brian Hutcheson and recently booked a hotel on priceline.com express deal for january 21 to 25 2015 to daytona beach. I understand the non refunadable and no cancelation bit about priceline as i have used them many times and i understand the bit about the "shaded area" on the maps, my issue is with the misleading area title. I booked DAB( airport)/ speedway area. This title regardless of shaded area leads me to beleive my hotel will be in just that. The airport speedway area. What i received isa days in on us 1 ridgewood blvd which is in downtown daytona which happens to be closer to beach side than dab speedway. This misleading title is why i think i should receive a refund. I have contacted customer service several times via chat, email, and phone and was even denied the chance to speak to a manager. If you can help cool. If not i understand. The trip # is 39307100360

Nov 19, 2014
Speaking from the viewpoint of another consumer, I am not at all sure that you're entitled to a refund. You've stated that you understood the rules of priceline.com and that you also understood the "shaded area" on the map. You obviously understood exactly what was included in the named area, no matter what Priceline chooses to call it. I wish you luck though.

Jan 1, 2015
For the record whether i am refunded or not it will not impact my trip to Daytona for the rolex 24 hour race. If refunded i would simply book a beach front hotel. My biggest issue is the lack of customer service provided and would love to see the shaded area include the title dab airport/ speedway/ and downtown. If one didnt view the "map" and went only on the basis of the title then a downtown area hotel is a bit of a shock.

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

I'm one of Chris' assistants.

Since you've gotten nowhere with Priceline's "customer service" folks, you may wish to escalate your appeal to the executives. Here's a link to our contact page for them:

Send a short, polite email to the Primary Contact. Give her a week to get back to you. If she doesn't or you don't like what she has to say, email the CEO.

I emphasize the importance of keeping your emails short and polite... more flies with honey than vinegar, etc. Also, I liked the mention of your loyalty to Priceline, and status as a longtime customer. Make sure to say the same to the executives, and who knows... maybe they'll come across with a voucher or two for future use.

Good luck!

Grant

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks grant. I sent an email to the execs. Short but polite. I work in autoparts sales for a large Ford dealership in Florida so i know how a nice customer can get what they are looking for faster than a rude customer

Jan 1, 2015
Update. I sent off an email to Lisa Gillingham and have been in contact with Frich Adricula from executive offices. Both emails from frich have included the same old same "since your reservation is restricted, it cannot be changed, cancelled, or refunded" And end with " since there are no other options I can offer that would result in a different outcome for your issue, Id like to thank you emailing us today." I have managed to get them to acknowledge my issue with the are title, and have admitted they do review cancellations for death and natural disaster on a case by case basis. With my trip just over 2 weeks away what should my next move be? I have kept records of every email that I have sent and that I have received by them. Thanks for any advice

Grant Ritchie

Oct 1, 2014
Hi Canedog,

Oh, "there are ... other options they can offer." They just choose not to. I'd say Priceline is sending you a message about the value of your loyalty. Apparently, loyalty only runs one way with them.

What do you do next? Complete your appeals, and if they continue to stonewall, reconsider your loyalty to them.

If you do come up empty, you're welcome to submit your "paper trail" to Chris at elliottc@gmail.com. He'll take a look at it and if there's anything he do to help, he will.

Grant

Jan 1, 2015
I will type up and send an email to the CEO next and see if "Frich" answers those also. The message has been received loud and clear. I will not use priceline any further at this point. If this doesn't work. I will email Chris and see what he can do for me. And if worse comes to worse. At least I will be on vacation in 2 weeks and ready to enjoy another Rolex 34 hours at Daytona sports car race.

Grant Ritchie

Oct 1, 2014
Canedog,

It's not unusual for a company to have a designated butt boy who responds to all emails to their executives. In my opinion, that's the ultimate insult. "Sorry, loyal customer, you're not important enough for me to actually answer you."

Yeah... your loyalty is appreciated. :p

Anyway, enjoy Daytona!

Grant