Shipping luggage to destination, including Canada

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 23, 2018
Hello, I’m looking for recommendations for companies that ship luggage to your destination, including Canada. We are traveling to Lake Louise, Canada and do not want to deal with luggage. Appreciate your help

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have no experience with this, Cynthia ... except a baggage service from a cruise ship in Seattle that was supposed to take our luggage directly from the ship to the airport. They didn't, the cruise line played dumb, and if I hadn't happened to inquire, we would have gone merrily along sightseeing in Seattle while our luggage sat on the dock all day.

I've shipped lots of stuff via UPS to a hotel and back home without any issues. A good friend always ships 2 huge suitcases to a cruise ship for about $500 each, so I've never checked into that kind of service. I think FlyerTalk may have a forum that could advise you; we generally solve problems after they happen.

Last edited:

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Check into Luggage Free, I’m shipping my luggage to Amsterdam next May and will be shipping same luggage home from London while I continue my trip in Europe. There are a couple companies who do this, mostly for cruiselines but also for individual travelers. I have never used them before, so read the reviews and make sure this is a company that ships to Canada. Good luck

Sep 23, 2018
Check into Luggage Free, I’m shipping my luggage to Amsterdam next May and will be shipping same luggage home from London while I continue my trip in Europe. There are a couple companies who do this, mostly for cruiselines but also for individual travelers. I have never used them before, so read the reviews and make sure this is a company that ships to Canada. Good luck
Thank you!

Apr 23, 2018
If your luggage doesn't travel with you, be sure to clarify with the carrier what - if anything - you or it will have to do to clear it through Canadian customs. Get the details in writing. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to call Canada Border Services
1-204-983-3500
1-506-636-5064
This is an automated service, but I understand you can opt to be transferred to a human agent.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If your luggage doesn't travel with you, be sure to clarify with the carrier what - if anything - you or it will have to do to clear it through Canadian customs. Get the details in writing. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to call Canada Border Services
1-204-983-3500
1-506-636-5064
This is an automated service, but I understand you can opt to be transferred to a human agent.
Very good point!

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
These Luggage services actually specialize in International travel and pick your bags up a week prior to you departing. And yes they Clear Customs for you and deliver to your destination whether it’s your cruise ship, hotel or private home. They need the details of your Cruiseline, sailing date, cabin. When my neighbors shipped their luggage for a sailing out of Barcelona their luggage was in their cabin when they arrived. You need to ask them whether your personal travel plans can be accommodated. I am paying $200 for a 50lb midsized suitcase. It will be delivered to my cruiseship in Amsterdam. I am using the service both my neighbor and the Cruiseline recommended. It worth it to me to make sure my bag actually sails with me and doesn’t get delayed by an incompetent airline.

This service is not just for cruise passengers.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Cynthia O Keep in mind if you go with a shipper that you'll have to fill out the customs paperwork and doing it wrong could cost you a ton of money in duties to get your stuff back. If you use a luggage shipper, they handle the paperwork and the customs issues...